Frank Wintrich Update

Harry

Pendleton said it was a courageous and innovative move for Mendenhall to make, that he would trust Wintrich to change and rearrange the entire conditioning staff as well as change almost everything in that training area of the football program. “People need to credit Mendenhall for the change,” he said.

“I love coach Wintrich,” defensive end Bronson Kaufusi said Friday after a spirited workout. “He’s brought in new things, everyone has bought into what he’s teaching and are excited about the workouts. It’s all about speed and power, and we love what’s going on.”

Another linebacker, Fred Warner, echoed the sentiment. “I think his program is great for our team. We’ve been going fast and hard for the last couple of months now. The program he’s instilled is to not just get us faster and stronger but to avoid injuries, which was a big isus last year. As a person I love his intensity and love for the game. He comes to work fired up every day ready to get into it. He comes into the meeting room with a loud voice and intensity and is juiced up. He makes sure we get the message.”

Pendleton gives a little wiggle room to his enthusiasm, but not much.

“I’ve been around to a lot of places to see all kinds of training,” said Pendleton. "There’s no perfect training method, not with Frank and not with what I do, but this is headed in the right direction. I’m excited about it.”

read more: http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865631133/BYU-football-offseason-workouts-draw-praise-from-current-and-former-players.html?pg=all&ref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F

Before bringing in Frank Wintrich, Anae was asked what he sees in having a new strength coach in town.
Anae: The guys look different. They look better. They have an attitude like "what do you have, coach?" because Wintrich gives them all they can handle already.

Wintrich: I love this place, I love this school. It's a special place, it's why I wanted to come here and I have not been disappointed.

Bronco says Chico Canales, the offensive coordinator at North Texas, called Bronco saying Wintrich was interested in BYU. "Don't send me just anyone average," Bronco told him.

read more:  http://www.vanquishthefoe.com/byu-cougars-football/2015/6/24/8838835/notes-and-quotes-byu-2015-football-media-day-recap