Tennis Seeded 6th at CUSA Tennis

untbowler

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/c-usa/sports/w-tennis/auto_pdf/2014-15/release/release_20150413aaa.pdf

Quite surprised they got the 6 seed. Think La Tech will be a tough out, they have a solid Top 3 and good depth.

Actually a very good draw for the ladies on the opposite half of Rice and Marshall and Old Dominion are not a dominate #2 team like Tulsa was.

Edited by untbowler

I think UNT got a high seed due to their strength of schedule. UNT has a record of 8-13, but 10 of the 21 matches were against nationally ranked teams and they beat two of them. Louisiana Tech had a 7-10 record, but played only 2 ranked teams and lost both matches.

UNT and LT played only 3 common opponents:

Northwestern State: UNT lost at home 3-4 and LT won away 5-2

South Alabama: UNT won at home 4-2 and LT lost at home 6-1

SFA: UNT won at home 4-0 and LT won at home 4-2

I predict UNT will win in a tight match because of the tough schedule they have played and the fact they are experienced in tournament pressure matches. The weather looks to be bad in Houston tournament time and may force indoor play, which may be an equalizer. I know UNT played at least one match indoors this year, but am not sure about LT. Indoor tennis is much different because of the controlled conditions. I think UNT knows how to play in wind and is in good physical shape, which might help outdoors but not necessarily indoors.

If we get by the first round, it will really be tough going from then on. If UNT plays well, they could make the finals. However, they would have to play well 4 days in a row to win and inconsistency has been the problem all year long. It could be a really interesting tournament with Rice way above the rest of the field but not as talented as last year. There could be lots of upsets with lots of teams below Rice being equally talented. The second day of the tournament will be fun to watch!

• Upvote 1

I think UNT got a high seed due to their strength of schedule. UNT has a record of 8-13, but 10 of the 21 matches were against nationally ranked teams and they beat two of them. Louisiana Tech had a 7-10 record, but played only 2 ranked teams and lost both matches.

UNT and LT played only 3 common opponents:

Northwestern State: UNT lost at home 3-4 and LT won away 5-2

South Alabama: UNT won at home 4-2 and LT lost at home 6-1

SFA: UNT won at home 4-0 and LT won at home 4-2

I predict UNT will win in a tight match because of the tough schedule they have played and the fact they are experienced in tournament pressure matches. The weather looks to be bad in Houston tournament time and may force indoor play, which may be an equalizer. I know UNT played at least one match indoors this year, but am not sure about LT. Indoor tennis is much different because of the controlled conditions. I think UNT knows how to play in wind and is in good physical shape, which might help outdoors but not necessarily indoors.

If we get by the first round, it will really be tough going from then on. If UNT plays well, they could make the finals. However, they would have to play well 4 days in a row to win and inconsistency has been the problem all year long. It could be a really interesting tournament with Rice way above the rest of the field but not as talented as last year. There could be lots of upsets with lots of teams below Rice being equally talented. The second day of the tournament will be fun to watch!

Yup, indoors will help the girls for sure. The weather looks horrible right now, I have to head to New Orleans for the Sun Belt Tournament and appears it will be a wash out or long, long days indoors. Look forward to seeing how they do.