MGB: UNT players passed over for NFL Combine

Brett Vito

The 2003 team is the best team I've seen since I started following NT sports. 2003 would beat 2013 easily, IMO.

I don't think they would beat them easily, but I do believe that 2003 was the best one we had, just because of the studs on defense and at RB. But 2013 had Chancellor as a kick returner and fairly stout ball-hawking defense, as well. I think that would be a close game--it would also probably be the fastest game ever played, since neither team would probably throw the ball more than 5 times!!

Who did we really think was going to break the streak? The move from guard killed Cyril's shot.

Agreed. If he had stayed at guard, Cyril might have had a real chance. As of right now, however, he is the #34 rated guard. For reference, there were only 45 total offensive linemen drafted in 2014 and only 14 guards. Pro day on March 26th is going to be huge for him. Here is the number of guards taken in each of the last five NFL drafts:

2014: 14

2013: 14

2012: 19

2011: 12

2010: 15