MGB: UNT recruit says he has backed out of commitment

Brett Vito

I'm not totally sure we were still committed to him.

2 Star changing his commitment late.... smells fishy.

Really? He just verballed recently. Now that the season is over his recruitment by other schools has picked up which has led to his second guessing. See ya.

I agree that this stinks, but I think a lot of us could see it coming. I see the priorities for our remaining available scholarships as 1. DT, 2. DE, 3. OT. That and hoping we develop the hell out of anyone we redshirted (Tuaalo) or played in limited roles (Tillman Johnson?) last year, Also, I agree with others that Sid (Syd) Moore can be a good one for us, but he needs to learn enough discipline not to get thrown out of games like he did at UTEP.

Oh, and another thing: our offense needs to come up big for 2015, both in putting up points and sustaining drives. I'm not sure we'll have a defense that we'll want staying out there too much.

Edited by eulessismore
  • Upvote 1

I doubt we win many recruiting battles with UH and SMU, this year. Or even La Tech and Rice, for that matter. Down year, while others have a lot of excitement around their new beginnings. Not much has changed for us, except we fell of the planet, in terms of wins, and hired a defensive coordinator -- which may end up being a good hire, but certainly isn't a game-changer.

I'm glad to see we went through the JUCO ranks to shore up need positions. Put a winner back on the field in 2015, strengthen our recruitment position in 2015/2016.