Can't wait to see DaJon again.

Harry

We get a good feel for what DW will be the rest of the season today.

Do you realize you say this about everything pretty much until the season is nearly decided? You probably even said it about Dajon before the Indiana game. Dajon is good, and he will only get better. How much better is up to him, but that's true of everything about everybody. You don't need to keep pointing it out.

A lot of projection in your post. And no, McNeese St. doesn't mean a thing. We get a good feel for what DW will be the rest of the season today.

All I'm saying is stop anointing him the next Johnny Football and just enjoy whatever progress he makes this year. And there is every possibility that someone new is under center next year.

2 of DW's 3 TDs against Indiana came long after the game had been decided. Keep in mind we were down 42-10 entering the 4th.

Well, we are talking about qb completion heading into next season, so projections are kind of a necessity.

I don't think anyone is anointing him the next Johnny Football. And I agree, that was my point. He's got at least 7 games left to develop and progress this season. Couple some valuable experience with his talent and there should be no doubt who our guy is, as long as he keeps maturing. We don't need any huge overnight revelation. Just some good maturing over time.

They may have been garbage time tds, but he still drove us down and punched it in. DT had plenty of chances for garbage time tds in his career, but he still only had two 3-td passing games. Already beginning to surpass a guy some consider an HOFer here. That's a great start for Dajon, and he's getting better. It's hard to blame people for getting excited and having confidence with a guy like that.

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 1

Do you realize you say this about everything pretty much until the season is nearly decided? You probably even said it about Dajon before the Indiana game. Dajon is good, and he will only get better. How much better is up to him, but that's true of everything about everybody. You don't need to keep pointing it out.

Apparently I do, otherwise some on here would have nominated DW for the UNT hall of fame after the McNeese game.

Football is a game of constant evaluation. Football is also a game of injury. DW could go south in either of these categories.

And you are right. A lot depends upon him doing what he needs to do to keep the job. He failed miserably at this the past off-season and was still handed the job (because no one else could do it). Doesn't exactly tell DW that he has to do off-season work, does it? That is why he wasn't starting to begin the season.

Will he feel he can do the same thing this off season? I hope not, but we just don't know.

Edited by UNT90

Well, we are talking about qb completion heading into next season, so projections are kind of a necessity.

I don't think anyone is anointing him the next Johnny Football. And I agree, that was my point. He's got at least 7 games left to develop and progress this season. Couple some valuable experience with his talent and there should be no doubt who our guy is, as long as he keeps maturing. We don't need any huge overnight revelation. Just some good maturing over time.

They may have been garbage time tds, but he still drove us down and punched it in. DT had plenty of chances for garbage time tds in his career, but he still only had two 3-td passing games. Already beginning to surpass a guy some consider an HOFer here. That's a great start for Dajon, and he's getting better. It's hard to blame people for getting excited and having confidence with a guy like that.

I don't mind excitement. Hell, I think the guy is pretty darn talented, but the over the top, thoughtless homerism without recognizing his weaknesses on here are kinda mind blowing.

He will have games where he struggles this year because he is a redshirt freshman. He has some mechanical issues that I have zero faith this staff can correct. He isn't without flaws.

Constant pessimism is not a good thing for our program and certainly does not help improve our perception. It's a minority for sure but, still too many "fans" of our Mean Green who do a great job creating doubt/uncertainty under the pretense of "being realistic" and it's a disease that goes beyond this forum.

• Upvote 1

A lot of projection in your post. And no, McNeese St. doesn't mean a thing. We get a good feel for what DW will be the rest of the season today.

All I'm saying is stop anointing him the next Johnny Football and just enjoy whatever progress he makes this year. And there is every possibility that someone new is under center next year.

2 of DW's 3 TDs against Indiana came long after the game had been decided. Keep in mind we were down 42-10 entering the 4th.

keep in mind that DT threw for 145 yards, below 50% and 1 pick with 0 td's versus Texas Southern. DW has this job locked up. A competition will happen only so DW doesn't know he has the job locked up, but make no mistake it's locked up.
  • Upvote 1