• GEyKTQSWcAE7qHw.jpg

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Today
  2. I was kind of hoping this HSO thread would help me get over the hump and renew the two season tickets I’ve had since the days of dirt at Fouts Field and the old cement urinals there. Unfortunately I, probably like some others, can’t seem to generate any old fashioned enthusiasm for the new version of “ here today gone tomorrow, pass through jocks . Somehow there just seems to be a missing piece; commitment, loyalty, alma mater. Yesterday’s discarded intangibles. Well, today is deadline day, can I break an old habit?
  3. I gave you a +1, but I also suspect he would not get along with the Grants and Ross's of our world. Would be loads of fun and wins, though.
  4. For anyone who hasn't experienced the greatness of Hutchins, you should treat yourself the next time you are in either Frisco or McKinney. Some of the best brisket I've had (and other good stuff too). And... since UNT has expanded into Frisco, I guess we can claim Hutchins as a UNT BBQ place 😎
  5. There’s no contradiction. The average fan/alumni aren’t paying NIL, it’s the big donors and corporations. And they’re only doing it because that’s the way it is under the current, broken system. My 2nd point is that comparing college coaches with college players is neither a fair nor equal comparison.
  6. No Way Jose! Just the opportunity for him to get out of Jersey is payment enough!
  7. this is a weird post... you contradict yourself saying that fans want to watch the uniforms not the players, but also acknowledge that the fans are directly playing the players to come play for their school? i also don't know what your second point is at all? are you saying that we should go pro in coaching if we think the current system is unfair? or is the argument that the salaries are fair?
  8. Oooh! How could I forget Country Tavern! The best baby back ribs in the entire universe. FYI, I’m in Nashville with the wife and some friends. Went to some highly treasured BBQ joint for dinner last night. The “Q” was trash! I don’t know how to explain it. It’s just not good BBQ.
  9. https://www.hudl.com/profile/11659943/DREW-MESTEMAKER
  10. Definitely need a clear starting 4, but would like to replace Aaron with someone who can stretch the floor like he did. Plus a liability at the FT line (68%). This is beyond the obvious disinfection processes someone from SMU would require.
  11. 1,900 players entered the portal. I try to not even speculate who we should be targeting because my guesses are never right. There would be dozens that'd make perfect sense but we somehow find players unheard-of (though they usually work out).
  12. Man, I miss that joint. Don’t really miss Longview, but that was good stuff.
  13. Yes to all. Fans come to support our school against another school. If players want to be paid (beyond a scholarship) to represent the school, then it's simply time for contracts.
  14. Yesterday
  15. Even the "Brand" programs are losing players to the portal. Maybe Ross can sign this guy for us? I heard he likes to play slow offense and lots of defense. https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/40025291/seton-hall-star-kadary-richmond-enters-transfer-portal "Seton Hall star Kadary Richmond entered the transfer portal Thursday afternoon, potentially becoming the best player available in the portal."
  16. You guys are all delusional. I have a hard time believing that the cut-off will be 30ish teams. Its obvious that's where it is in reality, and dollars (revenue, budgets, etc). But too many of these schools have enough delusional donors who are willing to keep throwing money at it. Why does NIL make that change? I think most of you don't actually talk to any of these big money guys. They aren't jumping out....they are jumping in. And always have. Now it's legal to pay players to win...so anyone with a conscious before when it was illegal doesn't have that hanging over them now. See SMU, Baylor, etc. We're all a bunch of poor schmo's here. Look at the scroll that runs across this very site. That ain't big money scrolling through here. True some of the big donors post on here, but not the Ryans or the 4 billionaire types that fund dirty schmoo.
  17. Its in Queens, not Manhattan! I briefly looked at SJU when looking for grad schools, its a very unique university, its not for every student and that includes athletes. I dont know if they have the easiest time recruiting, sure its NYC, but there are plenty of quality programs near NYC. They do have Pitino, but how long is he sticking around?
  18. Go bring this kid back home to DFW! Quincy Wright 0.8700 HS DL 6-2 / 313
  19. 1: One big problem with the NIL (aka pay for play) is that the universities are what draw the fans, not the players. People argue that "they deserve a piece of the pie", etc., but the big money comes from rabid fans and alumni of the schools, not from fans wanting to watch certain players. I wish they would form a minor league football and see how much interest there is...wait, we already have that. It's called the XFL, USFL, UFL and the players don't make much money ($5,500/wk) and there aren't many fans at the games. Put the Rengades in Alabama uniforms and the Stallions in Auburn uniforms and you'd sell out AT&T stadium. Why, because the players don't matter, the universities are what matter (as it pertains to attendance). Another example is the NBA D-League. What kind of money are those guys making? (I'll save you the Google search, they make $25K/yr). I have to assume that's peanuts compared to many of the NIL deals players are getting. If you want to get paid, go pro. Nobody is making you go to college to get a free education that will benefit you for the rest of your life. 2: I hate the argument that "coaches make big money and can leave for another job whenever they want to." See the last two sentences of the previous point. If you want to be able to do that, go pro. Make it your career just like the coaches have done. There are a very limited number of head coaching jobs at the college level and these coaches have put in LONG hours and worked their way up to the positions that they are in. Nobody was giving them millions of dollars when they were a GA busting their tail for nothing.
  20. Those schools you mentioned have already reached out to The Big 12. Also Louisville and Pitt have 100+ year historic rivalries with Cincy and WVU respectively. Keg of Nails and Backyard Brawl will both be owned by the Big 12 soon enough.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Please review our full Privacy Policy before using our site.