A Look Into Summer Workouts

MGNation92

Just now, GMG24 said:

That is the weight room we walk recruits through on a facility tour.  Is it terrible? No but I would bet some $ its bottom 3 in our conference 

It does seem really small.

Not to mention I see Men's/Women's BB and VB lifting weights there. Maybe why the football team uses the field a lot for bigger group exercises?

6 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

It does seem really small.

At the time we built it was small but nice.  It was a lot better than what we had before. 

People need to understand, the university ignored facilities for so long it was becoming dangerous.  So when we finally updated the athletic center and stadium everyone thought we were home free.  Actually we were just catching up from years of neglect.

That said, it's not just the size that matters, it's how you utilize the equipment and resources you have.

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

At the time we built it was small but nice.  It was a lot better than what we had before. 

People need to understand, the university ignored facilities for so long it was becoming dangerous.  So when we finally updated the athletic center and stadium everyone thought we were home free.  Actually we were just catching up from years of neglect.

That said, it's not just the size that matters, it's how you utilize the equipment and resources you have.

I've been saying that for years....

• Upvote 1

Size does matter because that is what gives access to the equipment. Example would be squat decks! Can't put them in not enough room. If a group wants to go get in an extra work out they can't if the volleyball team is using the facility. I would encourage all alums to visit the weight room and rehab/ trainers facilities used for all sports. It will open your eyes.

Coach Zack is the 3rd most important Assistant Coach in my opinion! Bust their butts coach Zack!!

Edited by Wag Tag
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Harry said:

Absolutely. When I went to UH on a coaches trip, their weight room was equivalent to our entire coaches office team area.  Their old indoor which will be torn down once new one finishes next year was huge with the weight room attached.  They had 24 squat racks if memory serves me right 2 rows of 12 that had racks on both sides.  Totaling 48 available racks.  With 40+ feet between the rows and another 70-80 feet between outer rack and walls that held the auxiliary stations. We got a long way to go to catch up but appears we are making that attempt. 

• Upvote 3