'16 WR Rico Bussey (Oklahoma) - SIGNED LOI

17 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Vito quoted Tyler Wilson's coach, Bob Wager, as saying our coaches see Wilson playing slot here. I'm guessing Deion Hair Griffin will as well. I wonder if that means Bussey will play more on the outside.

Really like the speed that is being added! Get these boys in space and they can do some damage. I think Ivery could be playing a bigger role. I liked what the Cowboys did with Lance shifting from tailback to slot or even a wide out and visa versa. I think we got some great options! GMG

19 minutes ago, Mean_Green09 said:

Tre Johnson could see a role in the slot too. 

Sure, but he's an upperclassmen. I just mean for this class, they likely wouldn't bring in three slot receivers and no outside receivers in the same class, so we can probably expect Bussey outside.

Couldnt remember which grade Johnson was in, so I looked on the roster and he's not on it anymore. I think he's still on the team, but just noticed that.

2 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Sure, but he's an upperclassmen. I just mean for this class, they likely wouldn't bring in three slot receivers and no outside receivers in the same class, so we can probably expect Bussey outside.

Couldnt remember which grade Johnson was in, so I looked on the roster and he's not on it anymore. I think he's still on the team, but just noticed that.

I sure hope so; other than the punter and the safeties, he was the only consistent bright spot in the second half of the season.  I don't remember him being used as a receiver though; just made a lot of great returns.  Hopefully, this is just incompetence on the part of whoever maintains the roster data.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, baberuthbomber8 said:

What about the kid from cedar hill last year, Bradley? Is he still on the team?

http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/2016/01/daundrey-bradley-announces-he-is-staying-at-unt.html/

However, subsequent to that article, BillySee58 wrote something about him not being back on the roster yet.  I haven't checked the roster, but am not sure how well they keep that updated.

Edited by eulessismore