So, What's Left In Recruiting?

greenit

Harry's verbal list above shows 17 verbals currently, plus Chumley (QB) and Woodworth (OL) for a total of 19. That potentially leaves us with 6 additional spots for this class.

Based on Harry's commitment list we have the following commits:

Ath (1)

DB (4)

DE (2)

DT (0)

LB (2)

OL (5)

QB (2)

TE (1)

WR (2)

According to Rivals, we currently have the following HS offers outstanding:

Ath (1)

DB (3)

DE (2)

DT(3)

LB (2)

OL (5)

QB (0)

TE (0)

WR (2)

Who would be your top remaining targets that are realistic for UNT?

Edited by greenit

Offense:

- WR Alex Honey, Denton Guyer

- JUCO OL James Works

Defense:

- DE Derek Watson, Denton Guyer

- DT Sampson Saluone, Utah

- LB Kyshaun Smith, Tatum

Then with the last spot, either save it for next class or maybe use it on a late JUCO DB like Wesley Bailey or maybe even a late under-the-radar high school pickup. I wouldn't mind that Tauefa kid at all either, but we haven't offered while we've offered all the kids I listed.

Also, I've seen something that leads me to believe one of our commits in particular may be a grayshirt. I don't know if the plan is to grayshirt him or if he will only be grayshirted if the class fills up, or if he's even going to be grayshirted at all. Plus, a few of our commits may be on flip watch. So the potential that we still have more than 6 spots left to fill is decently high.

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 2

Agree with @NT03. According to Rivals, Sampson Saluone, Sami Awad, and Mikorri Reese (Louisiana) are the three remaining uncommitted HS offers we have outstanding to DTs.

It would be nice to pick up the two of them. I would really like to know the story about the Mesquite Horn player, Dalen Montgomery. I think he may be my favorite out of the four listed based on what I have seen of them.

Agree with @NT03. According to Rivals, Sampson Saluone, Sami Awad, and Mikorri Reese (Louisiana) are the three remaining uncommitted HS offers we have outstanding to DTs.

It would be nice to pick up the two of them. I would really like to know the story about the Mesquite Horn player, Dalen Montgomery. I think he may be my favorite out of the four listed based on what I have seen of them.

Reese committed to a FCS school awhile back

Can you post where he went? I checked several places, including some local Loisiana player commitment tracking sites and couldn't find anything indicating a commitment.

Would be interesting to see where he went. He was the bookend DT with a 5 star DT supposedly headed to Texas or a$m.

Can you post where he went? I checked several places, including some local Loisiana player commitment tracking sites and couldn't find anything indicating a commitment.

Would be interesting to see where he went. He was the bookend DT with a 5 star DT supposedly headed to Texas or a$m.

He committed to Arkansas-Monticello. I talked to him earlier this summer. FWIW , I'm not sure he ever had or still had a UNT offer

While channel surfing, I caught the start of the Louisiana HS 5A state championship and noticed that Reese was not playing defense. Announcers mentioned that he was a former defensive player now playing OL. He was playing LG in the game and wearing #76.

Edited by greenit
  • Upvote 1

While channel surfing, I caught the start of the Louisiana HS 5A state championship and noticed that Reese was not playing defense. Announcers mentioned that he was a former defensive player now playing OL. He was playing LG in the game and wearing #76.

FWIW, he posted this a few days ago -

https://twitter.com/mikorrireese/status/547052687196692480