WR Verbal Commit Thaddeous Thompson

sgmthompson

Sometimes coming to UNT and having that support from the Athletic Department and it's support staff is just what these guys need. If they're a total failure and flunk out of JUCO, that's obvisously one thing and a huge red flag. But not everybody transitions into college smoothly, and that's not an accurate indicator of where they might be as a student a year later.

Show of hands of everybody that had to repeat a class at UNT? I've got both hands and a foot up.

• Upvote 2

Sometimes coming to UNT and having that support from the Athletic Department and it's support staff is just what these guys need. If they're a total failure and flunk out of JUCO, that's obvisously one thing and a huge red flag. But not everybody transitions into college smoothly, and that's not an accurate indicator of where they might be as a student a year later.

Show of hands of everybody that had to repeat a class at UNT? I've got both hands and a foot up.

I think my favorite repeat class, surprisingly to me, was business stats, which I took as grad student because there was no stat class then for a geography student such as myself. When j. B. Spalding came into that class and got out the playing cards first thing, I knew I would learn from him. I used to see him on the sidelines next to corky Nelson, helping out with in game analysis.

• 4 months later...