Breaking news — Looks like Jeffery Wilson is a go

Harry

I'd say lets sign him first, let him suit up, let him go thru 2-a-days, let him run behind a pretty damn good NCAA FBS offense line and then...........let's see what happens.

We signed 4 stars (as referenced by Cooley) who played like 1 stars, then we've signed 1 to 2 stars who are now in the North Texas Athletic Hall of Fame maybe some who made it to the NFL but each one had his big chance to make it or not make it at Fouts Field and now Apogee Stadium.

We all speculate about recruiting which is half the fun, but none of us are the Great Santini and have no idea how they will pan out....but we can only dream that they will be our next future NFL star who played his college ball at North Texas.

Carry on now along with me and the rest of the guys (and girls) as we all........speculate? ;):)

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

i think he will probably get red shirted next year... we now have 8 running backs for next year. pegram, jimmerson and lewis (who is a stud athlete) are pretty well set in the top 3 in my mind and i think ivery may get red shirted too if he isnt a special teams guy. why waste a year of eligibility on a young kid that you dont need right away??? we are strong at running back now and with these guys, we will be strong for years to come!!!

• Upvote 1

i think he will probably get red shirted next year... we now have 8 running backs for next year. pegram, jimmerson and lewis (who is a stud athlete) are pretty well set in the top 3 in my mind and i think ivery may get red shirted too if he isnt a special teams guy. why waste a year of eligibility on a young kid that you dont need right away??? we are strong at running back now and with these guys, we will be strong for years to come!!!

If Rollins comes back healthy, I think he's #3.

• Upvote 1

Some people put too much stock in a school's classification and/or a player's stats.

The bottom line is you can judge talent or you can't. Film and (ideally) in-person should tell you everything. Obviously, a 2A player will likely have a bigger learning curve than a 5A player. But just because a guy dominates at the 2A level doesn't mean his FBS-worthiness is any less than if he was simply an above average 5A player.

You put on Wilson's tape, he can play in CUSA.

• Upvote 3

Yeah, he looks like an APB, not a 'power' back... at least, in this highlight.

I don't think he'll be able to get to the outside and turn the corner with the greatest of ease like he's doing in this highlight, so maybe he'll turn into a 'power' back in the mold of Byrd. I know Byrd isnt a typical 'power' back, but that was the role he played here, running north/south between the tackles.

I like what see. Size and speed is always a good start.

Yeah, he looks like an APB, not a 'power' back... at least, in this highlight.

I don't think he'll be able to get to the outside and turn the corner with the greatest of ease like he's doing in this highlight, so maybe he'll turn into a 'power' back in the mold of Byrd. I know Byrd isnt a typical 'power' back, but that was the role he played here, running north/south between the tackles.

You're taking these labels far too literally.

• Upvote 1

Billy I understand that but how many coaches truly just "open the weight room up" and leave it for the kids to lift. There is always a workout and expectation to be followed and if its not I'm sure they receive consequences during the period when coaches can have contact. Everyone does it not singling anyone out but before and after school stuff is suppose to be off limits.

I'm thinking one of the players may leave his workout charts and what he is supposed to work on in the gym one day to be found by another individual who is unable to locate the owner of said documents, but finds them handy in guiding his own workouts on his own time.

• Upvote 1