Elkhart's Wilson wants to return for UNT bowl game

Harry

Oh yeah, that would probably be the highlight of my life (to return for the bowl game),” Wilson said. “I’m a go-getter. I don’t let things bring me down. I don’t like to stay down. I’m built to get back up out of any situation. That’s obviously how I want to leave, but if I can’t get back, oh well. If I come back, I would love to and it would be the joy of my life, but if I don’t it’s not going to kill me.”

read more:  http://www.etfinalscore.com/ET-College+Sports/315029/elkharts-wilson-wants-to-return-for-unt-bowl-game

I honestly haven't kept up with the details of his condition, but if he suffered a Jones fracture and required surgery, then no, there isn't a chance.

The mid-point timing for the research study onJones Fracture recovery in the NFL is 10 weeks. People who came back in 10 weeks or less suffered a huge performance drop off and increased likelihood of needing a 2nd surgery and even worse recovery timelines. The last thing I want to see is Wilson jeopardize his future health on this.

That said, my dream would be for them to suit him up, us to win by 50 points, and bring him in for a kneel down play in the final seconds (and him just being in the backfield, no kneeling down).

• Upvote 3