Anyone live in Watagua?

North Texas Shep

I just got offered a new job! The wife and I may started looking to buy a house in Watagua to get closer to work for both of us. Anyone live out there? Got any info about the area?

There will be a UNT themed room in the house... Plenty of Mean Green football will be watched there! That is away games will be watched there. I watch home games at Apogee.

Edited by North Texas Shep
  • Upvote 1

I just got offered a new job! The wife and I may started looking to buy a house in Watagua to get closer to work for both of us. Anyone live out there? Got any info about the area?

Plan to watch some North Texas football games from the new house? (Just trying to help you make your thread relevant to this forum.)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Owned a house way out on north Rufe Snow boulevard (76180) and with all that bottle-necked traffic on Loop 820 I couldn't wait to get away from all that plus........it seems to have gotten worse.

Keller might be the better choice somewhere off Trace Heritage? Close to your jobs---close to Apogee!

GMG!

The expansion of 820 and the 121/183 corridor should help traffic in that area.

I have now expanded our search to Keller. My wife was easy to sway. Thanks for all the advice!

If you're working in Watauga, look at west of 35W on Basswood and Heritage Trace. East of 35W on Heritage Trace and Golden Triangle Blvd. Keller is a decent area, but traffic getting from there to 35W or even 820 is awful.

I have now expanded our search to Keller. My wife was easy to sway. Thanks for all the advice!

I have a nephew who with his wife and 2 kids (a great nephew and a great niece--yes, I'm older than dirt) who all 4 love living in Keller. Keller ISD is a good one.

My nephew (a UNT grad----hmmmm?) is a home-builder for the rich and famous of which his uncle is not one of those. :)

His daughter, ie, my great-niece is already making plans to attend the U of North Texas....just like her dad and their uncle Jim.. :bling: We are a Mean Green clan !

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

I have a nephew who with his wife and 2 kids (a great nephew and a great niece--yes, I'm older than dirt) who all 4 love living in Keller. Keller ISD is a good one.

My nephew (a UNT grad----hmmmm?) is a home-builder for the rich and famous of which his uncle is not one of those. :)

His daughter, ie, my great-niece is already making plans to attend the U of North Texas....just like her dad and their uncle Jim.. :bling: We are a Mean Green clan !

GMG!

My wife is no set on Keller. She found all kinds of houses she want. My job has a FW address but is actually right outside of Keller.

I hope my daughter wants to go to UNT. My dad and mom are already buying stuff that says TCU baby on board and one that says future horned frog on board... Drives me nuts. Since I went to grad school there they won't be quiet. I told my dad my daughter will go to UNT and live in Bruce hall like her father and mother both did.