New QB commit

EastTexasMG

Yup

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Sam-Wells-137674

Wonder if this means Conner Means is out? Means has had a very underwhelming senior season and we've been bringing in some qbs on visits for a few weeks now. Very interesting, especially when you consider that Means is supposed to enroll next semester.

Highlights

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=haBpun4NNHA

He's a south paw. Delivers a pretty good ball, not bad pocket presence, and can take a hit. Watch for yourself, but I wonder if we'll bring him and Means in and let them battle it out. Means has the size but this kid has the production, even if it was at a lower level of play.

Preferred Walkons are a big part of why this program is doing so well. See Sarge, Kenny Buyers, Kaydon Kirby, Zach Paul etc... Aaron Fortenberry our BEST Olineman last year was a Preferred walk-on! Hall of Fame center Andy Brewster was a preferred walk on!

Our affordable tuition and the fact we TRULY give every player the opportunity to play makes this a PRIME destination for talented players like young Mr. Well's a good reason to choose UNT.

Preferred Walkons are a big part of why this program is doing so well. See Sarge, Kenny Buyers, Kaydon Kirby, Zach Paul etc... Aaron Fortenberry our BEST Olineman last year was a Preferred walk-on! Hall of Fame center Andy Brewster was a preferred walk on!

Our affordable tuition and the fact we TRULY give every player the opportunity to play makes this a PRIME destination for talented players like young Mr. Well's a good reason to choose UNT.

Absolutely. And don't go thinking that as our team improves and our recruits improve that walkons will stop contributing. Always guys who slip through the cracks.
  • Upvote 2

Oh, I agree, but a 5'10" QB when we have Williams ready and waiting just seems odd. Glad to have him though.

What happened to the "good" dual threat QB that Mac promised? Thompson has had a pretty decent year but this offense is still limited with pro-style QB's. What happens when Lemon, Johnson and the other horses up front graduate?

This kid looks taller than 5-11 but I don't see much more than another guy with a red cap on.

• Upvote 3

What happened to the "good" dual threat QB that Mac promised? Thompson has had a pretty decent year but this offense is still limited with pro-style QB's. What happens when Lemon, Johnson and the other horses up front graduate?

This kid looks taller than 5-11 but I don't see much more than another guy with a red cap on.

Cooley = brutally honest. Telling it like it is.

This! I want to plus 1 this

We're bringing in a scholarship qb this class too

Okay, I am aware that Means has committed and put up less than stellar numbers this year. Now this young man commits, but is a left handed Riley Dodge, so I really don't think either one is the answer. I could see Means being moved to TE, so we need a commit with D1 measurables and stats. There were several interested in us earlier and would be curious to know if they are still interested/we are still offering. I would prefer someone with more size like Ben Arbuckle:

http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/ben-arbuckle/ilPbZvTtEeKZ5AAmVebBJg/gendersport/football-stats.htm

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Ben-Arbuckle-143597

I thought that is what Berglund was? He just wasn't able to beat out DT.