FAU is Beating Tulane!

Harry

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except CUSA wants to maintain good relations with the NO bowl. That's why Tulane will probably still go to the NO Bowl unless the bowl wants someone else.

Rice is still a decent choice for New Orleans. So are MTSU and ECU depending on how things turn out.

• Upvote 1

That PDF is for divisional ties. CUSA website itself says elsewhere that BCS is used for CG hosting.

The way I read it, the first section addresses a tie across divisions for conference championship hosting rights (i.e. our conference record matching Marshall's). The second section addresses a tie for division champion (i.e. our conference record matching Rice's).

You're welcome Mean Green. :thumbsu:

Glad to see my Owls FINALLY finish a game. Hopefully we can win out and get bowl elligible. Sad thing is we could easliy be 6-3 right now if we hadnt choked against Marshall, RIce, and MTSU.

Good luck in the west!

I'm Rooting for FAU to #Hit6

well a 3 way tie is pretty much impossible now unless someone drops a really akward one, so head to head will come into play.

A 4 way tie on the other hand is still possible (although not exactly probable). All it takes: UTSA to win out (including games against tulane and NT), and Tulane to beat Rice, and then for all 4 teams to win games against everyone else. So if UTSA beats Tulane they are gonna come into the game against NT still having an outside shot at the conference title.

I am sure the guys at UTSA are talking about this right now :)

• Upvote 1