A look at the UNT 2013 roster by class

Harry

Love it all you want but talking crap about recruits and our recruiting standards does nothing but help hurt our program. He and OUR RECRUITS don't need your subpar high school expertise or recruiting websites to know where he needs to be. It does however, hinder hinder relationships that these parents and family members form with our staff and our university when you publicly slander them. I know as fact that our players and our recruits read this forum. Please be mindful of that as you post.

As a side note: not all offers are exposed publicly. And if you're judging strictly on film I would revise past statements on SEVERAL RECRUITED PLAYERS THREADS.

I think you're misunderstanding what I'm saying. Not talking crap about any recruits. Just stating that it's nice to have underclassmen pushing upperclassmen for starting spots. We've had upperclassmen starting by default in the past. We're seeing a lot of freshman making it hard to keep them off the field despite having experienced guys in starting positions.

Regardless of ranking and who was offered by who, it's good seeing freshman push for playing time like John, Fred Scott, Sed Ellis, and Darvin Kidsy. That shows me that our recruiting is improving, because we have the depth where we could've redshirted the guys, but they've proven too good to keep off the field.

I think you're misunderstanding what I'm saying. Not talking crap about any recruits. Just stating that it's nice to have underclassmen pushing upperclassmen for starting spots. We've had upperclassmen starting by default in the past. We're seeing a lot of freshman making it hard to keep them off the field despite having experienced guys in starting positions.

Regardless of ranking and who was offered by who, it's good seeing freshman push for playing time like John, Fred Scott, Sed Ellis, and Darvin Kidsy. That shows me that our recruiting is improving, because we have the depth where we could've redshirted the guys, but they've proven too good to keep off the field.

Thank you for clarifying.

• Upvote 1

That's not exactly rocket science. THE recruits have definitely improved over the past couple of years for North Texas. If you know what you're talking about (and they aren't just recruiting anyone who wants to come and play) our new recruits have been recruited for more than just the availability/competitive talent to play RIGHT NOW. This isn't the NFL. There's a big big difference in a 18 year old whois an awesome high school athlete and shows collegiate potential in speed, strength and agility and a 21 to 22 year old that the program has had the ability to mold for a couple of years. And they quite possibly recruit players for a different positions that they hold in high school.

If you base your intelligence strictly off of rivals and Yahoo Sports, you're missing significant details.

Amen!