If you missed the RV podcast you need to check it out....

Harry

That's probably the most straight forward talk I've ever heard from Rick in public.

On baseball, I think he's absolutely spot on with the facilities and the realistic goals that can be set for baseball in Texas in CUSA, but he frightens me when he mentions coaches with MLB experience.

RV has never bought me a drink. I wish I could make it to NOLA this weekend to buck that trend.

• Upvote 1

Excited about upgrades to SP and glad that baseball stadium project, if it goes forward, will include upgrades to softball stadium.

Sorry, but RV has little creditability with me on the MBB situation. I have yet to understand how all these uncontrollable outside elements all occurred in Benford's first year and at least were not mentioned before. I do hope Benford is the coach that RV is defending, but it will take a lot more than talk to convince me that he can move the team forward. I expect them to be better than last year, but I don't want it to take years to get back to were Jones had plateaued the team.

• Upvote 3

I don't think we will ever know the entire story regarding last year, but does anyone not expect him to publically stand behind his coach? Plus, too many experts applauded the hiring of Benford, so there is either something to RV's version or Benford fooled a bunch of local and national experts.

• Upvote 2

Just a lot of good info from UNT AD Rick Villarreal pertaining to UNT baseball, uniforms, Tulane and New Orleans trip, etc... you can listen to the entire broadcast on Itunes or by clicking here:

Even though he completely dodged the scheduling question...

• Upvote 2