C-USA power ranking week 4

outoftown

The new powerranking on minerrush is out.

UNT is up to 4th spot this week.

4. [61 pts] North Texas Mean Green (2-1) - Last: (W) vs. Ball State 34-27, Up Next: @ #9 Georgia

The Mean Green came up with perhaps the most impressive win of the weekend. Not because of who they beat, Ball State, but because they came out extremely flat before coming back for the win. UNT actually fell behind 27-9 late in the second, before rallying to score 25 unanswered. Overall, the Mean Green offense tallied 505 of total offense and 31 first downs, while also controlling the time of possession by nearly 2-1. The defense, however, gave up 496 total yards, but buckled down in the second half, giving up just 127. North Texas is off to an impressive start, but will have to play even better than they have to keep things going. This week they take on nationally ranked Georgia.

PaydirtRenzo says: "The final score may not show it, but UNT made an impressive rally against Ball State. They were down by 17 after 1 quarter and by 11 at the half. Then they turned up the defense, not allowing any points in the second half to steal a win at home."

• Upvote 1

I'm not convinced yet that we're actually better than Tulsa or MUTS. . . . But based on current body of work, #4 is right where we belong.

We've got the three winnable road games against the Louisiana schools and USM as well as the home games against UTEP and UTSA. If we take care of business in those games then we should get to a bowl.

If we can prove we are better than Tulsa and MUTS on the field then we're talking about a nice bowl game as well as a chance to compete for our division and conference championship.

I'm not convinced yet that we're actually better than Tulsa or MUTS. . . . But based on current body of work, #4 is right where we belong.

I think Coach McCarney would be the first to tell us all that this team is still a work in progress. This Mean Green football team could get to be pretty salty if they keep developing in some key and strategic areas. IMHO, we would not be ready to take on the Rice Owls or maybe even Tulsa if we played either this weekend, though. Down the timeline, yes, but not now.

We open conference play against the MUTS in a few weeks, I hope everyone has circled this (somewhat) historic event on their calendars because it will be our first game as a new Conference-USA member. This conference is the best thing to happen to North Texas since Apogee Stadium sprung up on that sprawling, rolling Texas prairie land in west Denton.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

I think Coach McCarney would be the first to tell us all that this team is still a work in progress. This Mean Green football team could get to be pretty salty if they keep developing in some key and strategic areas. IMHO, we would not be ready to take on the Rice Owls or maybe even Tulsa if we played either this weekend, though. Down the timeline, yes, but not now.

We open conference play against the MUTS in a few weeks, I hope everyone has circled this (somewhat) historic event on their calendars because it will be our first game as a new Conference-USA member. This conference is the best thing to happen to North Texas since Apogee Stadium sprung up on that sprawling, rolling Texas prairie land in west Denton.

Jim, we open conference play against Tulane in two weeks.

Maybe you should turn down the Miley Cyrus at your next gig...

:mp3:

• Upvote 1