UNT names captains - Mean Green Blog

Harry

UNT named its team captains for the season tonight.

They are linebacker Zach Orr, running back Brandin Byrd, safety Marcus Trice and offensive lineman Mason YBarbo.

Orr is not a surprise. This is his third consecutive season to serve as a captain

None of the other picks surprise me much, either.

Byrd and YBarbo are highly respected among UNT players and have contributed throughout their careers.

Read more: http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/2013/08/unt-names-captains.html/

Who were the captains last year?

It was Orr, DT, and McCoy. Am I leaving someone else out?

As for DT, that is surprising that he isn't a captain and it does make you wonder. That's obvious though.

I was thinking Y'Barbo was also a captain last year. I may be wrong tho Edited by NT03

Could possibly be a Meager/Vizza situation that we have on our hands.

The question is:

Is the role of Vizza play by Berglund, Willaims, or (hope not) McNulty?

Exactly. If Mcnulty is the backup then I don't see much of a rotation. He doesn't really bring anything that DT doesn't, save for a slight upgrade in speed.
  • Upvote 1

Exactly. If Mcnulty is the backup then I don't see much of a rotation. He doesn't really bring anything that DT doesn't, save for a slight upgrade in speed.

respectfully Billy, we don't really know what mini Mac brings...people point to the Tulsa game and frankly that was two years ago and we were not a very good football team. Oz came in later and out up some TDs against the Tulsa scrubs. McNulty has two years under his belt and I thought had a real decent spring.

McNulty may not have a damn thing but we just don't know that quite yet.

respectfully Billy, we don't really know what mini Mac brings...people point to the Tulsa game and frankly that was two years ago and we were not a very good football team. Oz came in later and out up some TDs against the Tulsa scrubs. McNulty has two years under his belt and I thought had a real decent spring.

Yeah, he's done nothing but gain respect on the field. I'm not sure about his arm strength though.

It's going to be interesting to see who wins the back up job and what wins it for that person.

• Upvote 1

Unless his arm has gotten considerably stronger, I hope we don't see him on the field.

• Upvote 2

Yeah, he's done nothing but gain respect on the field. I'm not sure about his arm strength though.

It's going to be interesting to see who wins the back up job and what wins it for that person.

FWIW, I thought that McNulty was the most consistent QB in spring practice. And he was about a half-step faster than DT. DT's arm might be a little stronger, but I'll always take accuracy (especially under pressure), over arm strength any day.

So I wouldn't be surprised if he starts this Saturday.

• Upvote 1