DRC - Jalen Montgomery finds fit at UNT

Harry

Mesquite linebacker Jalen Montgomery committed to UNT on Thursday night, one week after attending the school’s Talon Talent camp for top prospects.

Montgomery worked out with UNT linebackers coach and defensive coordinator John Skladany at the camp. The connection he felt with Skladany and safety Marcus Trice were among a number of factors that led him to commit to UNT.

Read more: http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/2013/08/jalen-montgomery-finds-fit-at-unt.html/

Article mentions that Akii Smith is the top JUCO linebacker we're looking at. Here's some film on him:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1425497/highlights/47151816

Gardner, Montgomery, and Smith would be a great class of linebackers!

I think landing a mix of experienced and young talent makes a lot of sense. Losing Zach and Will will hurt but Derek will be back to take over in the middle and hopefully the Oregon transfer Wallace will make an impact.. I thought Skladany specifically mentioning Marshall says that they see him fitting in the plans as well, perhaps on the outside. I gotta give Mac credit, I think Skladany was a good hire and is a very good coach. He understands what it will take to win.