Tuesday morning notes: Mitchell plays at noon

Harry

Tony Mitchell will continue his run in the NBA summer league with Detroit at noon today when the Pistons face the Oklahoma City Thunder.

Mitchell has played well so far, averaging 6.5 points and 8.0 rebounds a game.

Here is a link to today’s game information.

And in a side note, one of the top prospects with a UNT offer still on the board will announce his college destination today. What makes the announcement interesting his how McKinney wide receiver T.V. Williams is going about it.

Williams is going to announce his five finalists on his Twitter account throughout the day and then announce where he is headed tonight.

Read more: http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/2013/07/tuesday-morning-notes-mitchell-plays-at-noon-unt-target-to-announce.html/

Wow..this young man is heading for a let down when he hits the first few days of two-a-days and finds that all the attention was in his own very overblown mind.

But, hopefully, he is smart enough to pick the Mean Green!

Now, who is so bored as to even follow this twitter Twinkie? OK, in full disclosure, I am just tired of these over ego'd teenagers and their Look at me...I am so cool" crap. Yep, I am of yesteryear....I admit it.

Good thing I am not the one having to put up with this teen ego stuff on the recruiting trail, huh?

I may be the only person who thinks these recruiting/signing announcements are way overblown...I get it...it''s perhaps an age/maturity thing....just sign and get on with it.

• Upvote 2

Wow..this young man is heading for a let down when he hits the first few days of two-a-days and finds that all the attention was in his own very overblown mind.

Now, who is so bored as to even follow this twitter Twinkie? OK, in full disclosure, I am just tired of these over ego'd teenagers and their Look at me...I am so cool" crap. Yep, I am of yesteryear....I admit it.

Good thing I am not the one having to put up with this teen ego stuff on the recruiting trail, huh?

I may be the only person who thinks these recruiting/signing announcements are way overblown...I get it...it''s perhaps an age/maturity thing....just sign and get on with it.

I don't see an ego problem. I see a kid having fun with Twitter to announce his decision.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I don't see an ego problem. I see a kid having fun with Twitter to announce his decision.

I don't see a big deal, either. Although I do see the general issue with modern recruiting and media attention giving kids the big head. But I don't see more egotism in announcing on Twitter versus having a pep rally at school to announce the decision or pretty much any other way of announcing.

• Upvote 1

Those clouds do look scary.

• Upvote 1

I don't see a big deal, either. Although I do see the general issue with modern recruiting and media attention giving kids the big head. But I don't see more egotism in announcing on Twitter versus having a pep rally at school to announce the decision or pretty much any other way of announcing.

He is having a "pep rally" or siging event at MHS. It is noted on his Twatter feed.

• Upvote 2

I'm a little disappointed that our GMG softball teams weren't announced in a somewhat similar way

• Upvote 1