Rike, Mangrum fired at Angelo St.

Marty

• 3 weeks later...

Were they handed "the most talented team in UNT history?"

Blah, blah, blah, blah...... Or is it boo hoo, boo hoo, boo hoo.....broken record...we get it. We know where you stand...good God, man, we got it! The sky has fallen and the sun will never shine again over UNT basketball....understand where you are coming from...WE all do! Every college except UNT has standards and every coach in America is better than our head coach according to you.

Great. Let's hope you are wrong...if not you can always say..."I told you so". Until then...God please give it a rest! We got it! Trust me, we do.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

We suck. We're probably gonna to continue suck. Just ignore it and move on already

Yes, please..either that or just set up the pity party, but hide the knives and bring out the beer and cheese to go with the constant whine.

Really, there are so much more important things. Time to move on .... This season is over and no amount of high whine is going to bring in a new HC for next season. Really, it won't. You are wasting good whines.....

I discovered that you can make a poster dissappear. Go to your profile, settings, Ignore preferences and you will never have to see that crap again.

Sticking your head in the sand and ignoring the problem.

Maybe the greatest athletic tradition at UNT?

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2

You know what sucks worse? Not doing one damn thing about it.

Well, continuing to hit me over the head with it isn't going to change it either. It's like getting in your car every day and the radio plays the same song over and over again. Pretty soon you get tired of it. You are obviously a basketball savant and AD in waiting, so tell us who you would have hired? I am assuming you were able to view all of the resumes, sit in on the interviews, etc...

"Were they handed "the most talented team in UNT history?"

I would challenge this assumption. There were teams in the 60's and 70's that I think were better teams. Did they have players with NBA potential like Mitchell. Probably not, but they were better teams. Mitchell's potential on the NBA level and the potential of Williams, CJ, etc... had everyone excited, but it was all potential. I wish Mitchell well and think his game will translate better in the NBA, but I don't think he is close to being our best player at North Texas. I could name quite a few before I came to Mitchell. That is not a knock on him, but it is a fact that he didn't reach his potential here for one reason or another.

• Upvote 1

Well, continuing to hit me over the head with it isn't going to change it either. It's like getting in your car every day and the radio plays the same song over and over again. Pretty soon you get tired of it.

Are you talking about my posts or the acceptance of losing at UNT?

As for who I would have hired, it would have been someone with head coaching experience. That was what we were promised, after all, and this was a team that desperately needed someone with experience.

But the hire doesn't bother me as much as the acceptance of the results. When you make a mistake, admit it and fix it. We haven't.

As for "the most talented team in UNT history", its in quotes for a reason. That was the promo ran by the AD during the WKU televised game. Their words. not mine.

Edited by UNT90