Which rookie are you looking forward to the most?

greenminer

Berglund on offense and Jarrian Roberts on defense.

Also, look out for Connor Trussell. I'm a little biased since he was my high school teammate, but he was the definition of a late bloomer and is really starting to look solid. Coach Mac gave him some praise in practice last year and he looks like he might be 6'6" at this point.

• Upvote 2

Reggie Peagram, the transfer from Purdue, who has apparently been putting a hurt on the defense in practice.

With the Jimmy Show, Byrd and Reggie as the three headed monster it will be fun to watch them.

The WR's core of Terrel, Lancaster, Caldwell, Hines, Schrapps, Chelf who were all sitting out all year due to transfer or injury.

This was our weakest position last year and we should finally have depth

I still would like to see what Teegarden can do when healthy as well

The weight of the Mean Green world lies on Brock's shoulders.

I'm really intrigued by several, first the two freshman defensive ends..Dilonga and Horton. They will be raw but for the first time in a long time we will have two TALL athletic guys on the corner.

I am also really interested in Mark Lewis and where he will end up. With all of the backs I wonder if he won't return to the linebacker or perhaps safety position.

Lastly, I can't wait to see what Roderick Lancaster can do at WR.

There are a LOT of new faces (many are redshirts) joining a team that returns most of it's starters....should be fun.

I have always kept an eye out for the walk-ons. You know, the ones who aren't as big, but seem to try harder. Looking forward to seeing who the new Casey Fitzgerald or Jeremy Brown or Ivan Delgado is on this year's team.

So initially I'll be trying to spot the young man from Pilot Point who is trying to walk-on at DL, to see how he is doing.

Of course, Berglund is the key to improvement and I expect him to do well. But, if we're going to have a much improved team it depends on the defense. New faces on the line that I look forward to seeing are McDorman, Wallace, and Brown. In the backfield, Jones and Chad Davis. Unless we get Woods, I don't see any other true freshman getting significant playing time other than Davis. For a sleeper, I'll go with Caldwell.

• Upvote 3

I have always kept an eye out for the walk-ons. You know, the ones who aren't as big, but seem to try harder. Looking forward to seeing who the new Casey Fitzgerald or Jeremy Brown or Ivan Delgado is on this year's team.

So initially I'll be trying to spot the young man from Pilot Point who is trying to walk-on at DL, to see how he is doing.

I couldn't agree with you more. Have seen this guy play and he brings an X factor onto the field with him that fills the line with an energy felt by the fans. Could be very interesting to see if he can transition to LB but would like to see him on the pass rush even at his smaller size. He is an athlete that doesn't fit perfectly on paper but performs on the field.

Of course, Berglund is the key to improvement and I expect him to do well. But, if we're going to have a much improved team it depends on the defense. New faces on the line that I look forward to seeing are McDorman, Wallace, and Brown. In the backfield, Jones and Chad Davis. Unless we get Woods, I don't see any other true freshman getting significant playing time other than Davis. For a sleeper, I'll go with Caldwell.

I know he has been identified as a probable cornerback, but if he plays receiver could you see Jermaine Antoine playing early as a true freshman or Darvin Kidsy for that matter? We lacked some athleticism at receiver last year and these guys have plenty of it.

• Upvote 1

I know he has been identified as a probable cornerback, but if he plays receiver could you see Jermaine Antoine playing early as a true freshman or Darvin Kidsy for that matter? We lacked some athleticism at receiver last year and these guys have plenty of it.

Darvin Kidsy had a very impressive senior season. He can really excels at going up and getting the ball, plus has track speed. Towards the end it shows him blocking, impressive. I'd look for him to be on the field this upcoming season. We have a couple of good slot receivers but need to find some guys on the outside, a lot of unknowns at this point

Edited by H-towngreen
  • Upvote 1

Give me any of the redshirt freshmen d-linemen... I'm hoping that micah thompson makes a serious comeback from "most disappointing" when he showed up on campus to skull-crushing d-line master of chaos!

go mean green

edit: sorry, maybe that was sir calvin... I can't remember. I think Micah is now an o-linemen...sorry...

Edited by SHOSS
  • Upvote 1

I agree with you on Antoine. If he's a receiver he should definitely get significant playing time as a freshman. Personally, I'd rather see him there than buried as a defensive back. The video that I remember was as a running back/receiver and he seemed to enjoy playing offense.

I agree with you on Antoine. If he's a receiver he should definitely get significant playing time as a freshman. Personally, I'd rather see him there than buried as a defensive back. The video that I remember was as a running back/receiver and he seemed to enjoy playing offense.

I think he could impact our offense and we definitely have more depth at cornerback than we do at receiver.

I would think that if Coach Mac asked him to play offense Jermaine would be more than happy to oblige.