Player to consider: Jenk's Trey'Vonne Barr'e

Harry

Barr'e wants to play major-college football. But the schools showing the strongest interest in him are Northeastern A&M, Iowa Western, Central Oklahoma and Pittsburg State.

"Recruiting is going all right, although it's not going exactly how I wanted it to, but I am OK with wherever God takes me," Barr'e said. "It might be best for me to go to a junior college to get bigger and stronger.

"I've tried to apply myself more (in the classroom) and started to realize how important school was and how much I needed an education. I picked it up, and my senior year I have been really working hard."

Broken Arrow coach Steve Spavital sees a bright future for Barr'e.

"He is amazing and can do some unbelievable things," Spavital said. "He has speed and an uncanny instinct for the game. He had a major impact in every game, especially our game. He was the biggest threat we faced all year."

read more: http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/article.aspx?subjectid=227&articleid=20121225_227_B1_CUTLIN241581

http://rivals.yahoo.com/highschool/football/recruiting/player-Trey%27Vonne-Barr%27e-119590

I was thinking more athlete -- but I hear you.

And you are right, we don't seem to do much in Oklahoma much anymore, especially since Kenny Evans left.

I recently noticed one of our SBC brother tapping into Northeastern Oklahoma State for a recruit. Isn't that where Cobbs or Galbrieth(sp?) came from???

Kind of like when we were Cobb's only D1 offer. Thank goodness we weren't targeting that kind of recruit. Point being, some kids just get overlooked when they shouldn't have.

If this is the plan to build a competitive FBS program , we are in for a butt load of 2-10 seasons.

We all know that Cobbs is the exception to the rule.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I wonder if its a grade thing and not a talent thing

Reading the article, I think it is a size thing. Listed at 5'7" 175lbs and states in the article that he doesn't avoid contact. Not a recipe for an FBS running back.

Preferred walk on as a slot receiver? Bring it.

• Upvote 1