Recommendation For The Family: Grand Prairie's "Prairie Light

FirefightnRick

http://www.prairielights.org/

If you like looking at Christmas lights during Christmas break with the family I would like to highly recommend you go drive through the Prairie Lights at Joe Pool Lake in Grand Prairie. It's well worth the money.

There is also a carnival and a walk through lighted forest. They have done a great job on this. Last night we drove through then went inside to the carnival and to no surprise there's our very own Rick "ParksAndRecRick" Harold running the show.

Excellent job Rick. You make us all proud buddy. GP is lucky to have you.

P.S. I put this here for the most traffiic. Also, if you go get there before the park opens at 6 as the line got very long, pretty quick.

Rick

• Upvote 1

I enthusiastically second this. This has turned into a holiday tradition for us, and it is VERY special. We went out Thanksgiving night.

It is professionally done, but not Disney-like. There is a small-town feel to it, which I really like. The lights this year are better than ever, and the sound of generators is gone (not that it ever bothered me).

Thank you Grand Prairie for this holiday tradition.