Stats from the SE La. game

UNT90

Very telling:

UNT outrebounded by 9, including by 3 on the offensive end.

UNT has 4 assists verse 8 turnovers... Yes, that's right, 4 assists for the whole team... The whole team.

Odd stat of the day: Both teams were 9-16 from the line.

If we played any team that was even close to half decent, we lose by 20.

Every single player on this team has regressed, outside of maybe Franklin. Every single one of them is playing scared. So disappointing.

What tells you whether or not the players understand and trust the system is the play of your point guard. CJ today played 25 minutes, had 1 point, 1 assist, 1 turnover, and 4 fouls.

• Upvote 4

The stat board in the arena was off on rebounds during the game, yet it still felt plausible for them to have 39 boards at the half.

Ya, it jumped from 30-19 as the half ended to 39-19 right before the second half.

Maybe the stat guy figured that SE La got 9 rebounds at the half. WIth the way this team rebounds, that's not beyond the realm of possibility.

Did anybody find out exactly what happened to that dude? I saw him laying on the floor. The way he was acting, I am guessing he got clocked with an elbow to the nose/mouth area? He looked like he may have been knocked out briefly and they were wiping up blood from the floor.

He was holding an ice pack on the front of his face, but couldn't tell exactly where.

Did anybody find out exactly what happened to that dude? I saw him laying on the floor. The way he was acting, I am guessing he got clocked with an elbow to the nose/mouth area? He looked like he may have been knocked out briefly and they were wiping up blood from the floor.

He was holding an ice pack on the front of his face, but couldn't tell exactly where.

Mitchell ran through him when that dude set a pick. It really shoud have been a foul on Mitchell. That dude got a mouthfull of Mitchel's right shoulder and cut his mouth open. My guess woul be that he needed stitches.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1