Josh Hamilton to the Angels: 5yrs $125mil

It was shocking to see but I have no issues of letting Hamilton go if they sign Elvis his 10+ year contract. There is no reason whatsoever Elvis shouldn't be the face of this franchise and wear one uniform his whole career here. And don't say Scott Boras is his agent because he's also Beltre's agent.

For sure!

...until he has a down year later in his career and we have a couple of stud MI's ready to play. Then, send him somewhere else and eat majority of the money you owe him.

It was shocking to see but I have no issues of letting Hamilton go if they sign Elvis his 10+ year contract. There is no reason whatsoever Elvis shouldn't be the face of this franchise and wear one uniform his whole career here. And don't say Scott Boras is his agent because he's also Beltre's agent.

Right there with you. Lock him in long term and then if Profar performs, do the same.

For sure!

...until he has a down year later in his career and we have a couple of stud MI's ready to play. Then, send him somewhere else and eat majority of the money you owe him.

He signs a 10 year deal at 25 years old then he'll only be 35 when his contract ends. At that point you can assess his worth but I think when it's all set and done Elvis could be here what Jeter is in NY. Not comparing the two completely but Elvis has a chance to be something great and legendary here. He became a leader type player when he came onto the scene at just 20. People forget he's only 24 years old.

• Upvote 1

He signs a 10 year deal at 25 years old then he'll only be 35 when his contract ends. At that point you can assess his worth but I think when it's all set and done Elvis could be here what Jeter is in NY. Not comparing the two completely but Elvis has a chance to be something great and legendary here. He became a leader type player when he came onto the scene at just 20. People forget he's only 24 years old.

Elvis is a Boras client, and MI is one of their strongest positions in the minor leagues. That generally doesn't lead to an early, 10-yr deal.