Creighton

The driving Manhattan, not the flying one. K State fun with the forum that still hearts me for who I am.

That was my assumption.

For those weighing up Creighton...and mind you I'm still in the debate stage...I'm looking at flying to KC, driving to Omaha and have been scouting places on airbnb.com for Omaha on Friday night, Kansas City on Saturday night, then flying out Sunday.

The complete offensive explosion of forward Doug McDermott had much to do with the Bluejays' scorching offensive work. After a good freshman season, McDermott went nuts, well, brace yourself for numbers: He averaged 22.9 points and 8.2 rebounds per game on 48.6 percent shooting from beyond the arc and 63.2 percent shooting inside it. His effective field goal percentage (65.4) and true shooting percentage (67.8) were the sixth- and third-best in the country, respectively. McDermott took (get this) 33.3 percent of his team's available shots, but that didn't hurt his efficiency one lick: He still put up a 123.5 offensive rating, second-best (behind Weber State's Damian Lillard) of any player in the country with a usage rate higher than 28 percent.

ncb_u_gibbs_wm_600_200.jpg

He was, in a word, crazy good. All right, that's two words. Whatever. You get the point. (The point is that Doug McDermott gets buckets. You did get that, right?)

Read more here at ESPN: http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/64551/three-big-things-creighton

Edited by ADLER
  • Upvote 1

They are overlooking us so much, it's pretty ridiculous. On the ESPN.com conversation for this game they are talking mad trash. McDermott is a really good player and all, but they think he is the second-coming of Larry Bird or something and they're showing no respect for us. Not even Tony Mitchell. I really want to blow them out on their home court, preferably in front of a national audience.

Guys, this is a Creighton team that has been together a long time and has a lot of talent. We go into their place to open the season in front of what will be a rabid crowd celebrating a preseason top 25 ranking.

It is very possible that we lose this game by double figures, possibly even by 20.

BUT, if we pull out a win, we will KNOW that we have a realy special season in front of us (even with a big loss, the special season is still possible, but with a win, we KNOW).

I completely understand the Creighton fans point of view, and why they feel the way they do. It would just be nice to shock the hell out olf them.

• Upvote 1

Creighton has a great team; a high scoring consensus All-American, several dangerous offensive weapons, strong rebounders, and a wealth of experienced depth. Bluejay fans believe their team will probably not be seriously challenged by many of the teams on their regular season schedule.

Creighton fan site Bluejay Banter recently consulted with college basketball analyst Fran Fraschilla concerning the invincibility of their team:

http://www.facebook.com/bluejaybanter

What? Who? Huh? Creighton fans, your team really is bulletproof and invincible. Please don't let some unknowing pseudo-expert like Fran Fraschilla convince you otherwise.

Here is their game by game predictions and Frans evaluation on their Bluejay Banter radio show:

http://bluejaybanter...T05_13_39-07_00

The North Texas discussion with Fran starts at minute 39. "Lottery pick in Tony Mitchell and potential future NBA guard in Chris Jones."

The 3 Banter hosts, Tim Krueger, Heath Gunderson and Danny O'Byrne, then concur on their prediction of easy victory over North Texas at minute 46 "We play them on a Friday night, and if we're going to play these cupcake teams, we should always play them on a Friday night."

The 3 Banter hosts, Tim Krueger, Heath Gunderson and Danny O'Byrne, then concur on their prediction of easy victory over North Texas at minute 46 "We play them on a Friday night, and if we're going to play these cupcake teams, we should always play them on a Friday night."

Think you take this a little out of context. The guy who says this is the same guy trying to convince the other 2 that we are a threat in the first game and that we will cover the spread. I think by cupcake, he probably means teams that their fan base has never heard of, which would be UNT.

If I were a fan of Creighton, I would probably feel the same way. Creighton is coming off a fantastic season and are ranked in the top 25. They return an All-American to boot!

UNT is a no-name team, and so if I were a fan of Creighton, I would have to go look at last year's stats to get an idea about them. They were not very good...

Of course, we know the issue with last year was because for 1/2 of the year, we did not have Tony Mitchell, and for the other 1/2, we did not have Jones/Williams.

Now, what I don't understand is that despite knowing that Tony Mitchell is a potential NBA lottery pick, they still do not really give a flip. We can only hope their players feel the same way, but I'm pretty sure that McDermott doesn't because he saw Tony Mitchell up-close and personal at the Amare camp this summer.

• Upvote 1

I understand, but if they have done any research on our team they would know that our record last year does not reflect how good we are going to be this year. I'm not expecting a win this game, but with this roster we should be able to at least keep it close. Some are predicting scoring 100 on us, Tony Mitchell in particular would never let that happen. I really want to shock some people and shut these fans up.

I understand, but if they have done any research on our team they would know that our record last year does not reflect how good we are going to be this year. I'm not expecting a win this game, but with this roster we should be able to at least keep it close. Some are predicting scoring 100 on us, Tony Mitchell in particular would never let that happen. I really want to shock some people and shut these fans up.

Seems they did a little research; they knew we lost two big contributors to grades.

BTW, how many games did we actually get to see CJ/Williams and Tony play together? Seems like we lost the former to grades only a few games into Tony's gaining eligibility.

Quite honestly, I'm excited to see what this team is capable of doing with a full year of getting to know each other. Does anyone really know? With Coleman?

Seems they did a little research; they knew we lost two big contributors to grades.

BTW, how many games did we actually get to see CJ/Williams and Tony play together? Seems like we lost the former to grades only a few games into Tony's gaining eligibility.

Quite honestly, I'm excited to see what this team is capable of doing with a full year of getting to know each other. Does anyone really know? With Coleman?

They played together in 10 games. 7-3 record. With wins against UNO, Jackson, and Grambling. Two belt losses and LSU.

• Upvote 1