Upon Further Review... Questionable Calls in Big Games

gruu

After reviewing the Kansas State game again, I could not help but note all of the bad calls made in that game. Or, good calls that were overturned without indisputable evidence. Most games will have one or two now and then. But, sometimes you have to wonder.

I found this video on youtube with the following GAME CHANGING non calls, or questionable calls made in that game:

1) Block in the Back and Holding non calls on KSU kickoff return for TD

2) Missed Face Mask Call to end UNT Drive

3) Missed Hands to the Face call that tore off the helmet of UNT's #48.

4) The "bobbling catch" incomplete call overturned in review for KSU TD. WOW.

5) UNT's #8 held on KSU #7 scramble

6) Pass Interference call on UNT#35 when it looked like a clean play

7) KSU 3rd and Goal play marked short but overturned in replay.

http://youtu.be/Hr8nUIVykug

I think 1-6 are complete BS. 7 is dependent on where the goal line is. If the goal line is the outer edge of the white line then it's a KSU TD. If the goal line is the line where the white lines meets the endzone then it's a very close call. What does GMG think?

• Upvote 1

On numer seven, I'm pretty sure the goal line is the outer edge of the line and not the inner edge. The bobbled catch I think in closer to a pure judgement call. I don't think it was the right judgement but it isn't nearly as bad as the UT player being awarded a TD 2 full years past the end of the end zone.

The hand to the face might pass as a ref can't call what he actually didn't see even though he knows something happened. Cameras show more than the ref team can possibly see.

What bothers me is the multiple penalties on the kickoff return. One ref had to see at least one of those.

After reviewing the Kansas State game again, I could not help but note all of the bad calls made in that game. Or, good calls that were overturned without indisputable evidence. Most games will have one or two now and then. But, sometimes you have to wonder.

I found this video on youtube with the following GAME CHANGING non calls, or questionable calls made in that game:

I think 1-6 are complete BS. 7 is dependent on where the goal line is. If the goal line is the outer edge of the white line then it's a KSU TD. If the goal line is the line where the white lines meets the endzone then it's a very close call. What does GMG think?

Impressed on how you put it together on the video.Largely true. Doesn't help us win our next game though

Sunbelt refs, what do you expect?