Trojans hoping to turn yards into points

Harry

Taylor set to return: Senior running back D.J. Taylor is set to return this Saturday after missing the first three games and most of fall camp because of heat-related issues. Taylor has returned to practice. The 6-foot-1, 230-pound Taylor gives the Trojans a big, experienced back, though junior Jarod Lee filled his blocking role well.

“It’s going to only help us push forward,” Robinson said. “He’s a vocal guy for us. He’s a leader. Getting him back is going to do nothing but help.”

Troy head coach Larry Blakeney said “retention with him is no problem” and Taylor has fit right back in with the offense. Blakeney continued his stance on former starting right guard Zach Johnson (concussion), saying “I don’t think he’ll play this year, but we’re hoping his career is not over.”

Back in conference play: Troy’s trip to North Texas is the Sun Belt opener for the Mean Green. It’s also big for Troy because a second Sun Belt loss could knock Troy out of title contention just one-fourth of the way into the season.

“We’re a step away from being a great football team on both offense and defense,” Troy linebacker Brannon Bryan said. “We feel good about the direction we’re going in. We know we have to work hard every day. You can’t take any steps backwards at this point.”

It could be the last meeting between the schools. North Texas is moving to Conference USA next season. Troy leads the series 7-2, but North Texas took a 38-33 win over the Trojans last season.

“I wish it was us going to that conference,” QB Corey Robinson said. “Whatever happens, happens, I guess. We’re just going to go out there and try to get a win.”

Read more: http://www2.dothaneagle.com/sports/2012/sep/17/trojans-hoping-turn-yards-points-ar-4567338/

Taylor set to return: Senior running back D.J. Taylor is set to return this Saturday after missing the first three games and most of fall camp because of heat-related issues. Taylor has returned to practice. The 6-foot-1, 230-pound Taylor gives the Trojans a big, experienced back, though junior Jarod Lee filled his blocking role well.

“It’s going to only help us push forward,” Robinson said. “He’s a vocal guy for us. He’s a leader. Getting him back is going to do nothing but help.”

Troy head coach Larry Blakeney said “retention with him is no problem” and Taylor has fit right back in with the offense. Blakeney continued his stance on former starting right guard Zach Johnson (concussion), saying “I don’t think he’ll play this year, but we’re hoping his career is not over.”

Back in conference play: Troy’s trip to North Texas is the Sun Belt opener for the Mean Green. It’s also big for Troy because a second Sun Belt loss could knock Troy out of title contention just one-fourth of the way into the season.

“We’re a step away from being a great football team on both offense and defense,” Troy linebacker Brannon Bryan said. “We feel good about the direction we’re going in. We know we have to work hard every day. You can’t take any steps backwards at this point.”

It could be the last meeting between the schools. North Texas is moving to Conference USA next season. Troy leads the series 7-2, but North Texas took a 38-33 win over the Trojans last season.

“I wish it was us going to that conference,” QB Corey Robinson said. “Whatever happens, happens, I guess. We’re just going to go out there and try to get a win.”

Read more: http://www2.dothanea...nts-ar-4567338/

DJ Taylor was in heat?

• Upvote 3