MTN West Comish predicts playoff expansion sooner than later.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/stor...ight-teams

"Mountain West Conference commissioner Craig Thompson sees positives in the recently announced four-team college football playoff, but said Tuesday he believes it will expand to eight teams sooner rather than later.

"I know we're saying four teams for 12 years," Thompson said. "But I don't see it as a four-team playoff for 12 years. I just don't see it. If there is success with four, I think we will go to what is most ideal, which is eight. That would double the access points." ...

View the full article

• Upvote 2

And an 8 game play-off would bring back future Cinderellas such as those from the past as the Boises, the Utah's, the TCU's back into the play-off mix which I think the entire NCAA FBS, ie, the Big 5 conferences needs more than it maybe realizes least of all would ever admit.

Americans have most always had a passion and love affair for the under-dog at all levels of our culture. Horatio Algier-type "rags to riches" stories have captured many of our imaginations thru the years sorta' like a feel good movie does the same.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Downvote 1