anybody here fly fish?!

awww.. sad.gif seriously.. i am taking up fly fishing and was wondering if anyone else enjoys fly fishing..

I frequent to a place in Broken Bow, Oklahoma... which I consider the mini-colorado... i stopped traveling up to colorado and instead go here because of time and distance...

anywho, if any of you do fly fish pm me so i know.. cuz i got a few questions since i am a beginner.

EagleChick--you are about to get a serious beat down! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifmad.gifmad.gif

HOW DARE YOU MOCK THE ANGLER'S SPORT OF FLY FISHING!!

awww.. sad.gif seriously.. i am taking up fly fishing and was wondering if anyone else enjoys fly fishing..

I frequent to a place in Broken Bow, Oklahoma... which I consider the mini-colorado... i stopped traveling up to colorado and instead go here because of time and distance...

anywho, if any of you do fly fish pm me so i know.. cuz i got a few questions since i am a beginner.

EagleChick--you are about to get a serious beat down!  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  mad.gif  mad.gif

HOW DARE YOU MOCK THE ANGLER'S SPORT OF FLY FISHING!!

I sometimes haul out the old fly rig and chase a few redfish around the coast or a few bass around Caddo Lake.

It is, afterall, the most fun way to not catch a fish. If they aren't biting, you might as well look good.

Where is that place in broken bow? Thats not far from me.

Seeya,

Shane

Shane,

about 5-10 minutes north of Broken Bow, Oklahoma is Broken Bow Lake. and from the spill way on is Lower Mountain Fork River. Beaver's Bend state park is prolly your best place for trout (and where I go all the time) However, the next time I go I will try out the fly. It is on the foothills of the Ozarks...

That state park, in my opinion, is one of the better ones in the texas/oklahoma region...

Check it out Shane, you might like it... especially if you know how to fly fish.

Travis

Shane,

about 5-10 minutes north of Broken Bow, Oklahoma is Broken Bow Lake.  and from the spill way on is Lower Mountain Fork River.  Beaver's Bend state park is prolly your best place for trout (and where I go all the time)  However, the next time I go I will try out the fly. It is on the foothills of the Ozarks...

That state park, in my opinion, is one of the better ones in the texas/oklahoma region... 

Check it out Shane, you might like it... especially if you know how to fly fish.

Travis

heyyyyy

you got to it before i did. I however don't fly fish. I generally just use salmon eggs. Beaver's Bend is the only place in oklahoma worth visiting.

Well, I got weekends off until the end of august. Anyone up for a trip?

Travis.... maybe you can teach me a little something. If not I will join AFLAC and hit the Hills Bros Coffee Can. (Famous fishing reference. anyone..... anyone..... Bueler?)

Seeya,

Shane

Yeah, i wouldn't mind at all to teach ya a thing or two... but first, i need to learn it myself...

but, i could show you the great places to fish there... I have always used salmon eggs in the past like aflac..

that place is fun.. great for family and friends... that would be great to have a bunch of the mean green nation to go there sometime.