Softball

I've been meaning to post this for a while now. I had never watched softball until the National Title series between Oklahoma and Alabama. My in-laws who are big Oklahoma fans were in town, and wanted to watch the game (game 1). I didn't think I was going to enjoy it, but I did. They left the next day, and I ended up watching the other two games in the series. I think girls play softball completly different from they way guys play baseball, and I thought it was really fun to watch.

Next season, I plan to attend some UNT softball games, and support our softball team more. I'd love to see our girls play for a National Title some day, and I think with enough support they can.

• Upvote 3

Softball is to athletics what Mayberry is to the rest of the world...the way it used to be, or at least the way it should be.

GMG

You make an excellent point.

You will actually get to see some good teams play in Denton (this year OU played at UNT). North Texas has a solid team and is coming off one of their best seasons ever (finished 4th regular season, 3rd in tournament and second most wins in conference). I actually think this is a sport that UNT should have a good team. There's a lot of local talent and TCU/SMU don't field softball teams. The Sun Belt was a good conference for softball so I think we'll be able to handle CUSA competition.

My daugther plays softball so I've grown to love the sport. It is a very fast game. It's also close enough to baseball that you don't have to learn a bunch of new rules but different enough that it's a different sport.

• 1 month later...

Support the team when you can...they win more than they lose, and you will never question the effort and heart. Really enjoy helping the team any way I can.

This probably deserves its own topic, but if I understand correctly, the new basketball practice facility is going to impede on the abilities of the Olympic sports to access an indoor practice space (for bad weather days). I would like to see football get its indoor practice facility with designated and scheduled access to the Olympic sports when football is not using it. Is anyone aware of a movement to get funding or secure donations for this type of facility?

GMG