This is just crazy. Welcome to the NRA's unregulated world.

SECTION 1. IC 35-41-3-2, AS AMENDED BY P.L.189-2006, SECTION 1

(i) A person is justified in using reasonable force against a public servant if the person reasonably believes the force is necessary to:

(1) protect the person or a third person from what the person reasonably believes to be the imminent use of unlawful force;

(2) prevent or terminate the public servant's unlawful entry of or attack on the person's dwelling, curtilage, or occupied motor vehicle; or

(3) prevent or terminate the public servant's unlawful trespass on or criminal interference with property lawfully in the person's possession, lawfully in possession of a member of the person's immediate family, or belonging to a person whose property the person has authority to protect.

(j) Notwithstanding subsection (i), a person is not justified in using force against a public servant if:

(1) the person is committing or is escaping after the commission of a crime;

(2) the person provokes action by the public servant with intent to cause bodily injury to the public servant;

(3) the person has entered into combat with the public servant or is the initial aggressor, unless the person withdraws from the encounter and communicates to the public servant the intent to do so and the public servant nevertheless continues

or threatens to continue unlawful action; or

(4) the person reasonably believes the public servant is:

(A) acting lawfully; or

( B) engaged in the lawful execution of the public servant's official duties.

(k) A person is not justified in using deadly force against a public servant whom the person knows or reasonably should know is a public servant unless:

(1) the person reasonably believes that the public servant is:

(A) acting unlawfully; or

( B) not engaged in the execution of the public servant's official duties; and

(2) the force is reasonably necessary to prevent serious bodily injury to the person or a third person.

As a police officer, it does not bother me. People who are breaking the law are going to try and kill me no matter what. If you take the time to read this, it will say "REASONABLE PERSON". Most reasonable people aren't going to assume that officers walking around are using unlawful force. That is why we wear those uniforms and badges. To Identify ourselves. When we go to a house, we announce ourselves. Bad guys don't need a law to shoot at us, they will do so no matter what. If you look at the reasoning behind the law, there was a hypothetical of an individual raping someone's daughter or wife. Before the law, one could not take action agasint the officer. THAT was the reasoning behind the law. To me, I think it is extreme and overkill, but the law doesn't read any different to me. In Texas, you can use reasonable force to resist unlawful actions. Move along, nothing to see here. Take the anti gun, anti conservative, anti NRA rants somewhere else.

thats pretty much the way I see it....there is such a thing as a bad cop.

---I thought Obama was going to take away all of our guns after his election ..... what happened?? I don't even remember any effort to do that.. That is what the ultra right, the gun companies, and the NRA kept saying in 2008... Were they "bearing false witness", If so that wasn't very Christian of them. Now we have all these people who have no clue how to use one owning one.

--- I noticed that gun sales really increased then and the NRA gained membership... could it have been a "ploy" to get more members and to sell guns and ammunition.... Surely not..! (sarcasm)

don't kid yourself....he would if he could....he is the worse president in my lifetime...jimmy carter a distant second.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

don't kid yourself....he would if he could....he is the worse president in my lifetime...jimmy carter a distant second.

I don't know...

Kinda hard to beat double digit inflation and 21% interest rates.

Still think Carter has him beat.

Side note. I wish Carter would just shut it. He has zero credibility to speak on any issue of national importance. Worst President Ever.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Worst President Ever.

You realize we had history before the 1970s right?

1. Buchanan

2. Fillmore

3. Pierce

4. Harding

5. Grant

6. Johnson

7. Tyler

That's not even including that dick W.H. Harrison and his stupid 3 hour inauguration speech in the cold and the rain. Got what he had coming to him for that one.

• Upvote 1

You realize we had history before the 1970s right?

1. Buchanan

2. Fillmore

3. Pierce

4. Harding

5. Grant

6. Johnson

7. Tyler

That's not even including that dick W.H. Harrison and his stupid 3 hour inauguration speech in the cold and the rain. Got what he had coming to him for that one.

Oh, I am well aware of the history.

Worst President. Ever

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

The really vocal gun crazies love assault weapons as do drug gangs... most gun users have absolutely no use for them.. when was the last time you heard of one being used for home or personal protection.... ????

It happens all the time... because in 1994 they changed the definition of an "assault weapon."

He is probably waiting to win re-election first. By the way, although most would consider them conservatives, Regan and George Bush Sr. signed restrictive anti-gun legislation into law while they were in office. So even conservatives make mistakes.

Conservative????? ... religious yes ......financial... absolutely not... the national debt almost tripled during Reagan administration... and doubled again in Bush Jr. one....I know it is still climbing... haven't been able to stop it yet... no-one will compromise due to that stupid "no tax pledge" many have signed... They know they will be unelected by massive money if they compromise as was done for 200+ years... .

Conservative means don't spend more than they take in.... either "earn" more money or spend less or maybe both. T-party types just seem to want even less taxes and cut money to military, education, food inspections, disease control, national parks, interstate highways, and everything else that is needed.. the two administration during the 90's were far more conservative with the debt increasing by less than 2% per year and the GOP one [ Bush Sr.] got un-elected because he tried to get the debt under control. . Oddly the California financial problems began when Reagan was Gov. there and have just gotten worse...thought the family value man and conservative Arnold was supposed to fix it all there. .

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

Yes, I am a conservative. I thought that was pretty apparent.

And yes, English media IS more liberal than MSNBC. But, then again, you consider MSNBC mainstream, right?

Yes, EVERY network besides FOX slants to the left.

Thank God for the different viewpoint FOX provides.

I have no problem with it being conservative somewhat... just tell the truth.... the were reporting spy drones last week being used in the USA by the USDA... they don't exist.

They also quoted the 40% drop in family wealth.... it turns out.. they were using data from the final two years of Bush administration as well as first two of Obama's and most of the drop took place in the first two years... remember the 6000 drop in the Dow in 2008. I just want honesty... Remember all the Fox claims about Obama attending a Madrasa [islamic terrorist school in Indonesia , that turned out to be attended by children of American oil companies andeven diplomatic parents ] and being born in Kenya, being Islamic yet complaining about his crazy Christian minister.....?? ..Just want honesty.

I have no problem with it being conservative somewhat... just tell the truth.... the were reporting spy drones last week being used in the USA by the USDA... they don't exist.

They also quoted the 40% drop in family wealth.... it turns out.. they were using data from the final two years of Bush administration as well as first two of Obama's and most of the drop took place in the first two years... remember the 6000 drop in the Dow in 2008. I just want honesty... Remember all the Fox claims about Obama attending a Madrasa [islamic terrorist school in Indonesia , that turned out to be attended by children of American oil companies andeven diplomatic parents ] and being born in Kenya, being Islamic yet complaining about his crazy Christian minister.....?? ..Just want honesty.

Just want honesty? Yet all you do is point out errors by FOX.

Oh, and the Dow sank the final 1500 points during Pres. Obama's first 3 months in office, but you misrepresent that little fact. Oh, I know your response will be "that was Bush's fault", but that doesn't change the fact that you were not honest.

And most of gripes about FOX reporting things as fact aren't that at all. FOX simply reported on the controversy over the Pres. Obama birth certificate. Something that concerned many people in this country and no other network was addressing. FOX repoerted about Jeramiah Wright because it was an actual news story in a campaign that the other networks were ignoring. When you are trying to get elected President, and you are attending a church where your preacher (you know, the guy you look to for spiritual guidance) is saying things in his sermon like "GD America", well, like it or not, that is a very viable news story. One which the other networks refused to or barely covered because they were basically the propoganda wing of the Obama campaign.

It is good to know you like to hear the truth. How about a list of untruths from MSNBC or any other network other than FOX?

Or do you only notice "untruths" when they don't mesh with your political viewpoint?

Edited by UNT90

Blah Blah..

Seriously the mental gymnastics you perform to justify your skewed view of politics, the media, and economics just gives me tiredhead.

FOX did not report that American families lost 40% of wealth... nearly EVERY news outlet reported the story.

FOX did not report that Obama attended a madrassa... Insight magazine reported that.

FOX did not report that Obama was born in Kenya, but guests on Fox (and other networks) have said it.

Skewed? Yes. Do they "report" lies? No.

I am not a fan of FOX, but I can spot a regurgitating Internet drone like you a mile away.

Think for yourself.

Edited by UNTflyer
  • Upvote 1

Seriously the mental gymnastics you perform to justify your skewed view of politics, the media, and economics just gives me tiredhead.

FOX did not report that American families lost 40% of wealth... nearly EVERY news outlet reported the story.

FOX did not report that Obama attended a madrassa... Insight magazine reported that.

FOX did not report that Obama was born in Kenya, but guests on Fox (and other networks) have said it.

Skewed? Yes. Do they "report" lies? No.

I am not a fan of FOX, but I can spot a regurgitating Internet drone like you a mile away.

Think for yourself.

Re 40%: true and mostly false... many reported it... Fox stated in last three years (under Obama)

watch them say it.

http://2012.talkingp...omney-doocy.php

Re: Medrasa

watch the Fox retraction:

http://www.newshound...rassa_claim.php

As for the birth certificate issue... so many on Fox reported it as fact.. and the others said it was an issue to be investigated... Big difference.

Thank for the insult.. [ a regurgitating Internet drone ] ..a sign of real class.

note the videos are of FOX itself... not some "rumor".

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66
  • Downvote 2

Re 40%: true and mostly false... many reported it... Fox stated in last three years (under Obama)

watch them say it.

As for the birth certificate issue... so many on Fox reported it as fact.. and the others said it was an issue to be investigated... Big difference.

Thank for the insult.. [ a regurgitating Internet drone ] ..a sign of real class.

40% - fine. Boy, I bet you just RAGED when you heard this, huh? A simple mistake that was later corrected. News organizations make mistakes:

cnn_shuttle.jpg

Madrassa - video doesn't work on your link, but again they were reporting on the Insight Magazine article. They had nothing to "retract"

Finally, nobody that works for Fox reported Obama being born in Kenya as "fact"

If the boogeyman at Fox news did half of what the left claimed, they would have been sued out of existence by now.

But really, what does it matter to you? I don't obsess over MSNBC, CNN, ABC/CBS/NBC, New York Times, Chicago Tribune, Associated Press, Reuters, et al. I realize that everyone has a different view of world events, which is why I watch and listen to many sources and draw my own conclusions. I don't need anyone to interpret the news for me.

Think for yourself.

Edited by UNTflyer

watch them say it.

Still waiting for your fact finding on networks not named FOX...

Screaming Eagle doesn't want to do your work for you. Do it yourself. Just like a conservative, expects somebody else to do the work he wants done and in this case for nothing.

• Downvote 1

Screaming Eagle doesn't want to do your work for you. Do it yourself. Just like a democrat, expects somebody else to do the work while he sits back and gets benefits for doing nothing, while critizing those who support him and demanding that they pay even more so the lazy democrat can get him some free health care and stuff.

Fixed.

Still waiting for a criticism of anything on any other network besides FOX from a liberal.

The lack of such criticism only lends more credence to the claim (some would say obvious fact) that EVERY other network has a leftist slant.

Edited by UNT90

Screaming Eagle doesn't want to do your work for you. Do it yourself. Just like a conservative, expects somebody else to do the work he wants done and in this case for nothing.

Just wanting to make the point. UNT90 changed my message, without it being noted by a strikethrough of bolding the changed words.

I could not care less what you post, but when you change someone else's words, that's a real class move (#sarcasm).

I am a HUGE DOUCHEBAG, for making up things and putting other peoples names on them.

Don't be so hard on yourself. Your not that huge of a douchebag.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Just wanting to make the point. UNT90 changed my message, without it being noted by a strikethrough of bolding the changed words.

I could not care less what you post, but when you change someone else's words, that's a real class move (#sarcasm).

Considering it's directly under your original post, I think everyone over the age of 10 will get it

Still waiting for criticism of any other network besides FOX.