We Have Our Stadium & Conference: Will Attendance Be Next?

We have 7,000,000 North Texas citizens to get our 31,000 to fill Apogee Stadium. Not sure why that is a problem if we're pro-active enough to solve that shortfall.

Who can Rick V hire to make this happen?

What kind of promos?

As some of you said: Start with filling Wing Zone section first for every home game for starters?

Hire a full department with proven performers who have filled other NCAA D1 stadiums?

?

GMG!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Plumm...I am in 100% agreement with you, but I also think as good a question is...what can the actual fans do to help increase attendance? Well, here are a few ideas:

1) Buy season tickets and actually show up for the games

2) If, for whatever reason, you cannot make it to a game, make darn sure your tickets are in the hands of someone who can attend...do it early...as soon as you know you can't attend.

3) TALK positive about the program to your work associates, friends and neighbors...encourage them to attend a game and perhaps take them to a game

4) Stop complaining about every little so-called slight or problem you have had with the Athletic Dept. over the last ump-teen years. It's getting old and people are tired of hearing about your personal problems...and, those around you and readers of these boards see that stuff and it does no good...take your issues up privately with someone who can actually do something about it...and "get over it" and move on....

5) Join the Mean green Club and the Alumni Association...put your support where your mouth is and where you say your loyalty lies...it helps.

6) Encourage recent grads to get in the "habit" of donating to their university...they can easily start with a recent grad membership to the Mean green Club for as little as $50.

7) Participate in the Coaches Caravans, attend watch parties when you can, wear your Mean Green Colors in public as often as you feel comfortable...show your pride...

OK, I'll stop at seven, but you get the idea...lots we can all do to help, and it is a lot more enjoyable to be positive and help instead of negative and part of the problem. These things will definitely help attendance...you know they will.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Plumm...I am in 100% agreement with you, but I also think as good a question is...what can the actual fans do to help increase attendance? Well, here are a few ideas:

1) Buy season tickets and actually show up for the games

2) If, for whatever reason, you cannot make it to a game, make darn sure your tickets are in the hands of someone who can attend...do it early...as soon as you know you can't attend.

3) TALK positive about the program to your work associates, friends and neighbors...encourage them to attend a game and perhaps take them to a game

4) Stop complaining about every little so-called slight or problem you have had with the Athletic Dept. over the last ump-teen years. It's getting old and people are tired of hearing about your personal problems...and, those around you and readers of these boards see that stuff and it does no good...take your issues up privately with someone who can actually do something about it...and "get over it" and move on....

5) Join the Mean green Club and the Alumni Association...put your support where your mouth is and where you say your loyalty lies...it helps.

6) Encourage recent grads to get in the "habit" of donating to their university...they can easily start with a recent grad membership to the Mean green Club for as little as $50.

7) Participate in the Coaches Caravans, attend watch parties when you can, wear your Mean Green Colors in public as often as you feel comfortable...show your pride...

OK, I'll stop at seven, but you get the idea...lots we can all do to help, and it is a lot more enjoyable to be positive and help instead of negative and part of the problem. These things will definitely help attendance...you know they will.

Doing all 7 -

bought 18 assorted UNT Shirts for my wife and I, we wear one everyday..

Bought 3 Flags and installed two flag poles, also displaying two Mean Green Garden flags.

I have talked with students at TCJC and DCCC regarding the College Football experience at Apogee. I actually talk to everyone I can about UNT Sports.

Increased my Mean Grean Club Donation this year

• Upvote 2

Doing all 7 -

bought 18 assorted UNT Shirts for my wife and I, we wear one everyday..

Bought 3 Flags and installed two flag poles, also displaying two Mean Green Garden flags.

I have talked with students at TCJC and DCCC regarding the College Football experience at Apogee. I actually talk to everyone I can about UNT Sports.

Increased my Mean Grean Club Donation this year

Yes, but how many posts have you made...

• Upvote 1