Two Texas players transfering

Greenhorn

Sophomore tight end Darius Terrell and junior defensive back Eryon Barnett are transfering out. Looking for a link, but it's per the school.

With our lack of depth at db, would DMAC pursue Barnett?

Story

• Upvote 1

"The University of Texas is a great place," Terrell said. "Its diversity makes it unique to most other colleges in America. Unfortunately, things didn't work out for me, but I'm thankful for Coach [Mack] Brown, Coach [bruce] Chambers and the coaching staff for blessing me with the opportunity to experience Texas and all of the great people and opportunities it exposed me to. I formed a strong and hopefully lifetime bond with my teammates, and while I’ll miss them all, I’ll still be rooting for them. I know Texas has great things in store for the future and will be on top again soon. At the same time, I also look forward to taking the next step in my life and doing what I feel is best for me in pursuing my dreams elsewhere."

A North Texas alumnus

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I saw Barnett transferred to Montana State.

Justin Gaines kind of got the Euless Trinity to Montana State pipeline going when he was an assistant there. I think it started with QB Denarius McGhee, who has played well there; and in the same class, linebacker Na'a Moeakiola. Since then, Tray Robinson went there from Nebraska after deciding he wasn't going to see the field much at RB behind Rex Burkhead. I think that after Gaines left, these players were more or less recruiting each other.

I hope he can get some guys from Trinity to come to UNT and make their mark. I look forward to seeing what former Trinity QB Willie Hubbard can do. Should we bring in Chris Barnett? We have the coaching staff I trust to make that decision, probably after a chat with Trinity HC Steve Lineweaver.

Edited by eulessismore