Sunbelt Action (2/25/12)

CMJ

it woulda been a very long shot.

Not really. They had a really good RPI. I think they had a 50/50 shot of getting in if they made the Finals and lost. Maybe a 15% shot if they lost in the semifinals. Now they have zip.

Edited by CMJ

Not really. They had a really good RPI. I think they had a 50/50 shot of getting in if they made the Finals and lost. Maybe a 20% shot if they lost in the semifinals. Now they have zip.

Didn't see the game. Did MTSU rest a lot of starters? If so, maybe the comittee takes that into account. Zero wins over top 50 RPI programs is MTSU's problem with the committee. Belmont is currently 51, so possibly one win by the time the season is over. That is balanced out by a terrible loss to UAB. Don't think that would have been enough.

EDIT: Was looking at last years RPI. Belmont's is 67 on the RPI right now. MTSU is 43. Still, really no impressive wins that would turn the heads of the committee. And for those wanting to point to UCLA, they aren't even in the top 100 in RPI. MTSU is 0-1 against top 50 RPI, 3-2 against 51-100 RPI teams. Don;t think that woulda been enough, even if they hadn't lost today.

UTA is 89, which I found interesting.

Edited by UNT90

Didn't see the game. Did MTSU rest a lot of starters? If so, maybe the comittee takes that into account. Zero wins over top 50 RPI programs is MTSU's problem with the committee. Belmont is currently 51, so possibly one win by the time the season is over. That is balanced out by a terrible loss to UAB. Don't think that would have been enough.

Nah, MTSU played full bore. Just got beat by the hungrier team today. Diddle Arena was rocking.

Are you watching this game?

no, but just because a team has a great game, doesn't mean they will be a hard out in the tourney...hell, any team can go on a run and win it all. every team will be a hard out at the tourney do to the do or die nature of it.

no, but just because a team has a great game, doesn't mean they will be a hard out in the tourney...hell, any team can go on a run and win it all. every team will be a hard out at the tourney do to the do or die nature of it.

WKU has been quietly playing well for a few weeks now AND they just beat MTSU. I am not predicting the Hilltoppers to win it all, but I bet MTSU is not happy they'll likely have to play WKU again in the quarters.

Edited by CMJ

Final Seeds:

1) MTSU

2)UALR

3) ULL / DEN

4) UNT/ULL

5 ) UNT / DEN

6) S Bama

7) WKU

8) FAU

9) ASU

10) FIU

11) Troy

Win @ DEN & we are the 4 seed & play them again

Lose @ DEN & we are the 5 seed & play ULL

So we might be looking at ULL & MTSU in the first 2 rounds dry.gif

Edited by NT03

WKU has been quietly playing well for a few weeks now AND they just beat MTSU. I am not predicting the Hilltoppers to win it all, but I bet MTSU is not happy they'll likely have to play WKU again in the quarters.

thanks to troy's usual roster of 9 jucos, 2 txfers, 1 h.s player, & 1 39 year old man from troy univerity @ saudi arabia we no longer will face middle if we win our first game. them knocking off fau put us opposite.

if you can now knock off denver it put you 3 on the same side.

you guys have always been pretty kind to us on this board but there hasn't been much nice to say recently.

that said...ray harper is the real deal. he'll make us relevant again.

a few little things he did yesterday. they had just finished honoring kahlil mcdonald for senior day. the players left the floor. this is with about 3 minutes to game time. everyone is wondering 'what up'. about a minute later you see them emerge in the top of the bowl and they break into 2 lines and come trotting down the stairs in the student section....high fiving the students and the pep band.

i loved the cheese factor and if i can turn off my auto-cynicism for a minute it's a great move to bond the team with a really good student section.

he had also showed up in a red blazer for the game. the best real estate agent in bowling green can't pull off a red blazer but ray did yesterday.

after the win yesterday nobody was leaving the arena. minutes later ray comes back out to cheers and grabs a mic to address diddle. he thanks everyone for coming and then shouts 'we've just begun'

cheesy....yes. what we need post-mcdummy...bigger yes.

we're still an awful shooting team. still slow as molasses. but ray is doing some smoke and mirrors stuff and we're excited.