WOW! Ft. Worth Star Telegram Give UNT Almost 1/2 Full Page of

PlummMeanGreen

This thread headline directed to those in the "projected" Alliance (CUSA/MWC) who refuse to accept the fact that North Texas does have penetration in the sports media market of the DFW Metroplex.

You think with 209,000 North Texas Exes in the Metroplex that maybe DFW media outlets see a market for themselves, too?

Coach McCarney's "Fry-esque" football program which will soon have his own signature on it will get many of that number at Apogee Stadium, too. In fact, when some make their first visit to Apogee and have "the experience" they will be helplessly hooked on both team and stadium.

Thanks to FWST sports-writer John Henry and the Fort Worth Star Telegram! You are back on my daily purchase budget once again! Start planning your 2012 Christmas Carnival Caribbean cruise now because of it, too! LOL!

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Here's what I liked in the article:

"'Cyril Lemon... came in and started all 12 games. Eight games we did not give up a sack, including Alabama. He was honorable mention all-conference and a 3.8 GPA and you couldn't find stars behind his name. So, you think I care about any of that stuff?

"We make our own evaluations, we make our own rankings and we have our own priorities.'"

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/02/01/3705555/north-texas-bolsters-defense-especially.html#storylink=cpy

This is a good coach, guys. Believe me, he was not outrecruiting Iowa at any point in his tenure at Iowa State. But, he eventually did the unimaginable by building a program that beat the Hawkeyes five years in a row.

Buildings isn't always pretty. But, building on 5-7 is much different than building on 1-11. This guy, and the guys he's hired, know what they are doing. The climb out of the Big 12 cellar was much steeper than what he's facing here. He's doing a great job.

And, if I'm wrong, I'll buy you all an ice cream from Beth Marie's. Stick that in your toothy pieholes!

• Upvote 6