2013 HS - Leyton Hammonds - 6'6" SF

High School: North Richland Hills

AAU: Dallas Mustangs

Rivals listing

Rivals lists interest in/from 5 schools: North Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, TCU, and Wichita State. Lists offers from TCU and Oklahoma. (November 2011)

TexasHoops ranks Hammonds as the 15th overall prospect in Texas from the class of 2013.

Metroplex Hoops ranks Hammonds as the 7th best prospect in the DFW area from the class of 2013.

April 2011 writeup on a summer event in Mississippi featuring a slam dunk video and a writeup on Hammonds.

January 2011 writeup discussing Hammonds strong performance against Rivals 4-star/power conference recruit Keith Frazier. Hammonds held Frazier to 4 for 25 shooting from the field. From the article:

“My whole mindset is to stop my man first and then think about offense,’’ Hammonds said. “That wouldn't change even if I was playing against LeBron.’’

July 2011 writeup identifying Hammonds as a potential Big 12 caliber sleeper.

Hammonds reportedly attended a season kickoff practice at UTA (similar to the practice John Odoh attended when he committed to us in October).

Hammonds played on the losing side of the July 2011 GASO (won by a Texas Assault team that included recent NT signee Clarke Overlander). Hammonds tied Overlander for leading scorer in the game, with 14 points.

• 8 months later...