Press conference notes and player video

Brett Vito

wow so the coaches know they are planting 8 in the box, yet refuse to try anything else other than give Dunbar a death wish of running straight ahead. How about screens, bootlegs, etc... Seems like that would be best way to back the defenses off, but nope straight ahead with no adjustments, see ULL second half.

To their credit, DT is absolutely awful on the move unless he tucks and runs. I have yet to see him make an accurately throw on the run.

Many have long been screaming for tall QB's around here, and more often than not lack of agility/mobility is usually what you get in the tradeoff. Big guys often need a little extra time back there to make good things happen and he really isn't getting it.

His straight ahead speed really doesn't look that bad to me, but his lateral movement does leave something to be desired. The guy is basically a rookie, and hopefully experience, health, and much better OL play will make him look a whole lot better back there. Just don't know if that's going to be happening this year.

wow so the coaches know they are planting 8 in the box, yet refuse to try anything else other than give Dunbar a death wish of running straight ahead. How about screens, bootlegs, etc... Seems like that would be best way to back the defenses off, but nope straight ahead with no adjustments, see ULL second half.

Don't know what games you've been watching but Lance is our leading receiver so far this season. The coaches have been getting him the ball in different ways and situations all year. The amount of adjustments, both in game and week to week, made by this staff is one of the most obvious imrpovements this year.

• Upvote 1

Don't know what games you've been watching but Lance is our leading receiver so far this season. The coaches have been getting him the ball in different ways and situations all year. The amount of adjustments, both in game and week to week, made by this staff is one of the most obvious imrpovements this year.

So what were the adjustments this past weekend? go into half down by 3, still only able to drive 20 to 20 and then freeze. 2nd Half not adjustments ULL runs away while our offense sputters yet again. I have only seen marginal improvement, maybe the team is still ecstatic about that IU and FAU win.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1) This team is Sun Belt material. Dodge staff was just that bad. Competing in the Belt is only a matter of the right coaching. The athletes from the top teams to the bottom of the barrel are relatively the same horses. McCarney has not yet figured out out to get the team to play 4 full quarters.

2) This team is really really bad. Dodge recruits never panned out. Most of our horses are 3 legged and 50 lbs too light. McCarney has somehow figured out how to get this team to play over its head for 3 quarters.

pick one?

So what were the adjustments this past weekend? go into half down by 3, still only able to drive 20 to 20 and then freeze. 2nd Half not adjustments ULL runs away while our offense sputters yet again. I have only seen marginal improvement, maybe the team is still ecstatic about that IU and FAU win.

While my original point was a response to your statement that we simply give the ball to Dunbar up the middle over and over no matter what, which couldn't be farther from the truth, I will list a few adjustments/improvements this past weekend.

1)Scored on the road in the first quarter for the first time this year, against a good team.

2)Continued to force more fumbles and get more turnovers than we only could dream of for the past 5 years.

3)Continued to get more pressure on the QB with 4 sacks which equals 18 through 7 games. We had a total of 19 all of last year.

To their credit, DT is absolutely awful on the move unless he tucks and runs. I have yet to see him make an accurately throw on the run.

I agree, but I will also note that there is a difference in running for your life and trying to make a throw and running a planned bootleg/rollout and throwing.