Troll so deep, troll so hard.

Every time I watch a Cowboys game, I just laugh and think of FFR's assurance Romo was the problem and the really good defense would carry us.

Well, I'm not defending that entirely, especially the way the defense has played But Romo has yet to put this team on his shoulders like

many others have?

My beef with him is that he has brain farts when the pressure is on and a ho hum, oh well attitude when they lose.

It's not just him. The whole team seems like losing doesn't bother them, from Garrett on down.

Rick

• Downvote 1

Well, I'm not defending that entirely, especially the way the defense has played But Romo has yet to put this team on his shoulders like many others have?

Are you asking us or telling us?

What more do you want from Romo? He was 68% (21/31) passing with 321 yards and 4 TDs and no interceptions with a passer rating of 141.3. Seems like he did a lot to try to win the game. He averaged 10.4 yards per pass. If the defense could have gotten a stop or Garrett could have managed the clock better, he did what he needed to to win. Romo was not the problem in this game.

What more do you want from Romo? He was 68% (21/31) passing with 321 yards and 4 TDs and no interceptions with a passer rating of 141.3. Seems like he did a lot to try to win the game. He averaged 10.4 yards per pass. If the defense could have gotten a stop or Garrett could have managed the clock better, he did what he needed to to win. Romo was not the problem in this game.

Romo has had his "No Tony no!" moments over the years but I am convinced that Romo is surrounded by a team that has a big bag of nothin for the most part. Guys on the team are 'just guys'. Again this goes back to Jerry over the years and what he's done to put talent on the field through the draft. I think the Cowboys need to draft gritty guys that play like pit bulls. There's a lot of style but not much substance. This past off season might have been the start of a starting over process and going young and emphasizing more of a rebuilding/retooling mantra but I am curious to see what they do this off season and how they draft.

Romo has had his "No Tony no!" moments over the years but I am convinced that Romo is surrounded by a team that has a big bag of nothin for the most part. Guys on the team are 'just guys'. Again this goes back to Jerry over the years and what he's done to put talent on the field through the draft. I think the Cowboys need to draft gritty guys that play like pit bulls. There's a lot of style but not much substance. This past off season might have been the start of a starting over process and going young and emphasizing more of a rebuilding/retooling mantra but I am curious to see what they do this off season and how they draft.

Are you saying Romo is a diamond surrounded by poo-poo?

I laid this last game at the defense's feet. But I expect him or someone else on this team to be a leader. Sure he's had some great games. But he's flopped in others.

I just don't see a sense of urgency from this team. It's not all Romos fault. But at some point someone has to stand up and start calling people out? Every championship team has this. Dallas doesn't.

Rick

I laid this last game at the defense's feet. But I expect him or someone else on this team to be a leader. Sure he's had some great games. But he's flopped in others.

I just don't see a sense of urgency from this team. It's not all Romos fault. But at some point someone has to stand up and start calling people out? Every championship team has this. Dallas doesn't.

Rick

And I wouldn't call this team a championship team. We don't have the will, determination, talent, or coaches. Romo is the least of our problems.

• 3 weeks later...

Welp, Cows being the Cows. Romo sucking in a big game. No one making plays in December. This may be a 30 point loss before all is said and done. Sad that they can't even make it competitive.

This team will be nothing until the current owner no longer owns the team.

• Downvote 1

Funny how it comes back full circle. As I predicted, biggestgame of the season and Romo misses an easy wide open receiver on the first possession. Then on the second decent scoring chance he forgets where he is and throws over the line blowing an easy first down on the giants end of the field.

Lucky for him though the defense sucks as well here at the end of the season and no one will remember those plays. The defense is no where near to playing at the same level they were playing when this team beat the niners. Terrence Newman must be replaced.

But it doesn't matter, really, as we saw last Saturday when the Arkansas Sludge Bucket cut Jason Garrett's nuts in front of everyone on the sideline. This team won't win another championship till that sucker takes a dirt nap.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Downvote 1

Romo sucking? That's what you're seeing?

He, along with many, many others, are sucking horribly.

Just once, I'd like him to have a big game when something, anything was on the line.

This is just an average football team that's main achievement is underachievement, including it's QB.

And yes, 64 passing yards in the first half is sucking.

I guess I could always pat myself on the back for predicting the 8-8 record.

Edited by UNT90

They were never alive in this game. The Giants just simply took a breath.

Can't finish in the 4th, can't finish in the last 1/4 of the season. Just substitute Dallas Cowboys for Lebron in all those jokes.

Romo again will put up decent, but very empty, numbers in this game. Another big game, another failure.

Edited by UNT90
  • Downvote 1

They were never alive in this game. The Giants just simply took a breath.

Can't finish in the 4th, can't finish in the last 1/4 of the season. Just substitute Dallas Cowboys for Lebron in all those jokes.

I meant the defense. Got the ball right back for them on a three and out after the 4th and 1 play. I thought Lee came to play tonight.

Rick