Video from tonight's event at Apogee Stadium

Brett Vito

:) Thanks Kram! I loved bringing him. Still can't believe how fast he is growing. I need to find him a cool Mean Green shirt and cap. Also, can't wait to take him to the Dallas Stars games.

JRock

Mean green and a stars fan? Me too. Ill be at a few unt games this year, and almost all the stars games.

Mean green and a stars fan? Me too. Ill be at a few unt games this year, and almost all the stars games.

Cool. Cool. Die hard Stars fan. I get discount tickets for the season. I am meeting with the Stars this friday. I will see what I can do about extending the discounts to GoMeanGreen.com. I will do my best.

JRock

• Upvote 1

Cool. Cool. Die hard Stars fan. I get discount tickets for the season. I am meeting with the Stars this friday. I will see what I can do about extending the discounts to GoMeanGreen.com. I will do my best.

JRock

Sweet -- I think this puts the boards up to 5-7 now. We need you.

Also, from what my friends there are telling me, things are pretty dark in that ticket office right now. You should probably be able to just list demands regarding group packages.

Please let the team be sold soon...

• Upvote 2

JRock

Great! Im already a stars season ticket holder, but they need as much help as they can get right now. Although, the lenders and tavares have cut back on deals. Cant wait for new ownership.

• Upvote 1

What exactly did those 8 students do? It looks like they had the chance to return a kickoff, is that correct?

The students attempted FGs, the first TD reception at the new stadium was made by a girl, and a tubby guy ate turf attempting to field a punt. A good time was had by all... but the tubby guy.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Not sure how anyone could say the turnout was great?! It was a pathetic turnout.

From what I saw while I was there the turnout was pretty good considering the short notice and the fact that it was almost all freshmen (whether or not they raised their hands or yelled when D-Mac asked how many freshmen were there). The video probably shows about half the amount of students that really showed up throughout the evening. There were a lot of students at the concession stand taking advantage of the free food, which wouldn't have been the case if there was more than one concession stand open. And I would definitely disagree with the statement of the band out numbering the students. Maybe it looked that way in the video but I am positive that more students showed up in total than the number of band members. If that many freshmen show up for the first game, combined with the rest of the student body that has shown up at past season openers at a decaying Fouts, and then the rest of the students who will show up just because it's a new stajium and the opponent is a recognizable school, then the student section will be full in my estimation.

• Upvote 3

Sweet -- I think this puts the boards up to 5-7 now. We need you.

Also, from what my friends there are telling me, things are pretty dark in that ticket office right now. You should probably be able to just list demands regarding group packages.

Please let the team be sold soon...

Thanks. Yep..the ownership thing needs to get resolved asap. That will solve a lot of issues. I'll let you guys know what I find out tomorrow when she visits my office.

JRock

Ok, So those of you who are Stars fans, I posted a thread under Eagle's nest about the discount ticket program. Please reply there if interested. I also need to somehow find the person who manages the forum to make sure it will be ok to offer this to you all. Is it Harry? Thanks.

JRock