The Dallas Snobserver weighs in on our stadium

Keith7

It is your patriotic duty to tell the new editor (moved to DFW in March) how much of an idiot he is and that he should take a journo class or two in Denton to beef up his understanding that he needs to research before writing an article for any paper larger than the Greensheet.

I am officially declaring a Green Jihad on this article.

That's what we get for reading trash like the D.O.

Poorly written to say the least. First, the stadium was built with taxes, or, then it was built with donations and fees? Which is it dumbass? Second, we shouldn't build stadiums because the team hasnt been winning, unless your the Rangers, who is winning and at the top in the MLB in attendance? Again, which is it dumbass?

Rick

• Upvote 4

The DO is complete garbage. Always has been. Didn't even need to read the article. Knew exactly what that average writer was going to say knowing it was from DO. I'll be buying my 25+ group tickets for the Sept 10th game on Monday with pride and will support the MEAN GREEN no matter what. I've had my critisisms in the past (like we all have) with certain decisions our school has made over the years, but it doesn't mean I will drag UNT's good intentions through the mud. As we all know, UNT has needed this for years. Great, now let's build a team now that we have the proper resources. The UNT alumni's attention is growing. No question. By the way, I work in a building overlooking SMUt and I predict school leadership and alumni starting talks on upgrading Ford already after seeing the greatness that is Mean Green Stadium. Mark my words. Oh and I like the uniforms. Now just put the symbol that is UNT on the helmet RV. Had to throw that in there. ;) I am a writer, director and designer. Branding is everything and the time for establishing that brand has come.

Looking forward to being with you all this season. Go Mean Green. -JRock

• Upvote 5

The DO is complete garbage. Always has been. Didn't even need to read the article. Knew exactly what that average writer was going to say knowing it was from DO. I'll be buying my 25+ group tickets for the Sept 10th game on Monday with pride and will support the MEAN GREEN no matter what. I've had my critisisms in the past (like we all have) with certain decisions our school has made over the years, but it doesn't mean I will drag UNT's good intentions through the mud. As we all know, UNT has needed this for years. Great, now let's build a team now that we have the proper resources. The UNT alumni's attention is growing. No question. By the way, I work in a building overlooking SMUt and I predict school leadership and alumni starting talks on upgrading Ford already after seeing the greatness that is Mean Green Stadium. Mark my words. Oh and I like the uniforms. Now just put the symbol that is UNT on the helmet RV. Had to throw that in there. ;) I am a writer, director and designer. Branding is everything and the time for establishing that brand has come.

Looking forward to being with you all this season. Go Mean Green. -JRock

Welcome to the board JRock, great entry post and we look forward to your take on things!

Unfortunately I live in Waco and the only Supposidly Sportstalk Radio station in Dallas

I can get is 103.5 The Fan. If I go about 5-10 miles to the north I can get 1310 The

Ticket. I hate 103.5 The Fan because they give us no kudos at all. Anyway I wish everyone

some day could call in 103.5 and invite them to the first game and let them see first hand

the great new stadium we have. All I can say is:

GO MEAN GREEN. GO NORTH TEXAS FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

See everyone in about four weeks. Does anyone have any word yet on a seating chart for

everyone? If not then when does anyone think we will have one.

Unfortunately I live in Waco and the only Supposidly Sportstalk Radio station in Dallas

I can get is 103.5 The Fan. If I go about 5-10 miles to the north I can get 1310 The

Ticket. I hate 103.5 The Fan because they give us no kudos at all. Anyway I wish everyone

some day could call in 103.5 and invite them to the first game and let them see first hand

the great new stadium we have. All I can say is:

GO MEAN GREEN. GO NORTH TEXAS FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

See everyone in about four weeks. Does anyone have any word yet on a seating chart for

everyone? If not then when does anyone think we will have one.

Do you have a smartphone? I use FStream app on my iPhone and listen to The Ticket all day long here in New Braunfels.