Question about the Alumni Association

Hey guys, Im a new poster here on GMG. I have been reading this board for over 4 years now and am a 2009 grad. I recently joined the Alumni Association mainly because I want access to the Pavilion on game days. When do I get an alumni card? Or do I need to call them to mail me one out? Sorry for the dumb questions. Also what else do I need to do to get a little more involved? I am a high school football coach and teacher so it is a little hard for me to be up in Denton ALL weekend long bc we have our stuff going on, but I do catch most home games and tailgate.

Thanks for your time...GMG

• Upvote 2

Not a former player, just an alum. Played HS ball, wasnt good enough so became a coach!!! Love the game of football! One of our kids went to the UNT satellite camp in Round Rock a little while back and he was very impressed with the UNT staff, so I am hoping for big things with this new DEFENSIVE coaching staff. Defense is what will put UNT back on the map. IMO

• Upvote 2

Welcome to the board. It good to have another fellow teacher supporting our school. I recently graduated and joined the Alumni Association earlier this year. I got my card and sticker within a few weeks. About a month later, I started getting my Texas Monthly. If you don't get anything after a month, you might want to call and make sure they got your information.

Go Mean Green!

Rocket, I think Justin Gaines is the coach that recruits your area. Try to give him a call sometime or shoot me an email since Justin does central Texas & I'll give you his cell phone.

Denny = mean2cobra@yahoo.com

Welcome to the board Rocket- You at Midway by the way?

Welcome aboard, and thanks for joining the Alumni Association. I think you will find value in that membership, and it goes a long way in helping to promote UNT and provide scholarship dollars.

Lots of ways to get more involved...if you want to discuss some options just PM me with your contact info and we'll discuss.

Thanks again, it is great to have you on board GMG.Com and thanks for your support of UNT and the MEAN GREEN!