Sig Ep tailgate event at Indiana game

I have noticed several guys who post with Sig Ep logos attached. I want to connect with you guys and let you know about an event I am planning for the Indiana game. My goal is to spearhead an event that will bring some of the old alumni like myself (79-84)out to a game at the new stadium. We have had a good quick response and are expecting at a minimum around 100. These are guys who have not been to game in a long time. I hope seeing the new stadium and tailgate set up may lead to some of this crew making this a new tradition for us. I certainly want to get our area along side or close to the current brothers for some interaction. Would any of you guys like to coop this with another era of your buddies? This type of thing could be a blast if we could get someone like Rudy's to cater and find some activities to do together. Some of the guys on this board probably have some great tailgate ideas to share.

To me it is game day stuff like this that will assist our program in gettng the support it needs. Since the tailgate scene has been started I have believed that this was what was needed to bring back old alums that remember games being a lukewarm event. The past was certainly nothing that would get you to bring your family up for an entire Saturday evening. Of course unless you were already a die hard fan. As fans we all have talked about us dragging others to a game with us but this I am hoping to spark interest from several who will see this as a great way to spend an afternoon at our game instead of watching others on tv and wishing we were that type of school. A school that supports its teams and provides a great venue and game day experiance.

• Upvote 3

I have noticed several guys who post with Sig Ep logos attached. I want to connect with you guys and let you know about an event I am planning for the Indiana game. My goal is to spearhead an event that will bring some of the old alumni like myself (79-84)out to a game at the new stadium. We have had a good quick response and are expecting at a minimum around 100. These are guys who have not been to game in a long time. I hope seeing the new stadium and tailgate set up may lead to some of this crew making this a new tradition for us. I certainly want to get our area along side or close to the current brothers for some interaction. Would any of you guys like to coop this with another era of your buddies? This type of thing could be a blast if we could get someone like Rudy's to cater and find some activities to do together. Some of the guys on this board probably have some great tailgate ideas to share.

To me it is game day stuff like this that will assist our program in gettng the support it needs. Since the tailgate scene has been started I have believed that this was what was needed to bring back old alums that remember games being a lukewarm event. The past was certainly nothing that would get you to bring your family up for an entire Saturday evening. Of course unless you were already a die hard fan. As fans we all have talked about us dragging others to a game with us but this I am hoping to spark interest from several who will see this as a great way to spend an afternoon at our game instead of watching others on tv and wishing we were that type of school. A school that supports its teams and provides a great venue and game day experiance.

Absolutely, I usually set up the tailgate for the undergrads and we would enjoy having some of the older alums out at the tailgate. You cant go wrong by singing "Drink Beer", and 'Little Yellow Bird" with the alum

Edited by Dr. Seuss

Fantastic idea, my only suggestion is to consider Sig Ep alums with families and to keep that in mind. Would love to help out any way I can. PM me if you need anything!

Stan, I tried to send you a PM but it said that you couldn't receive any. Send me one or an email and I can give you some info

Jrp0217@unt.edu

Edited by Dr. Seuss

Fiding three of you that quick is great. Our event will be geared towards family of course with our age. I plan on bring my family of five.But certainly will drink a beer with everyone and of course sing Drink Beer. RV is aware of the plans and is offering any help he can give. We picked the Indiana game so as to better understand the new logistics of tailgating and was thinking the opening game will be a mad house (hopefully).

I also plan to drive in from the Houston area for the Houston game. I will stop by the tent to meet you guys that day.

Stan, we are planning a happy hour this month on the 26th at Mi Cocinas at Frankfort and the Tollway.

Ray

Dr. Seuss I will find out why my PM doesn't work, or will send an email. I didn't mean by my comment that people shouldn't do what they normally do, drinking beer(of course!!!). I was more just asking that people be aware that kids are present. Common sense things. Profanity, etc. Within reason. Is that reasonable?

Dr. Seuss I will find out why my PM doesn't work, or will send an email. I didn't mean by my comment that people shouldn't do what they normally do, drinking beer(of course!!!). I was more just asking that people be aware that kids are present. Common sense things. Profanity, etc. Within reason. Is that reasonable?

Yes its reasonable, those d*mn pledges wont know any better but well keep them in shape

Hats off to the SigEps for getting this going. If you have 100 alums back (with many having not attended a game in years) you are really doing something great for the Sept. 10th attendance and for future season ticket and game days sales as well i would imagine. The Greeks are a great source of school pride and spirit and I have been a bit sad to see their lack of support for athletics in general that last several years at UNT. That was definitely not the case in the "olden days" at UNT. VERY happy to see the spirit returning within the Greek community. A strong and supportive Greek community is indeed a good thing.

Hats off to you for getting this going. It only takes a few people trying to do things positive for UNT and the Athletic department to get things going in a positive direction both now and into the future. Thanks for being one of those who are willing to help.

:goodjob:

GO MEAN GREEN!

• Upvote 1

I wanted to let you guys know that Coach and RV are going to stop by our happy hour next week as we plan for the tailgate event. it will be great to meeet Coach. curious to see if he gets a spark lit under my old buddies who are unassociated with the program as it has been. Good opportunity to grouw our support and let others see that this administration is serious about athletics.