Defensive Lineman From Pilot Point To Consider

Harry

Forget about growing into... This kid can play several positions looking at that recruiting link. I saw him play at the State Championship game last year and he takes the game to another notch. All the photographers could here him growling at the o line and his power knocked kirbyville for a loop. He stopped scoring drives at the goal back to back and moved liked a skilled player. Rivals.com says he has a 4.13 pro shuttle and I saw that in action.

He could be a h*#% of an asset to special teams until he is ready for interior line or fb.

This is a Midwestern State/Tarelton/SE Oklahoma type of kid. If he's dead set on FBS, then let him walk on here. But no 6'0" D-lineman from class 2A anymore here on scholarship. Times have changed here.

I've said this before. I'll take a physically marginal overachiever (especially someone who growls at his opponent across the line) any day over an underachieving (cough, Cantley, cough) impressive physical specimen. Lets see, names like Brewster, Gill, Hurd, and Fitzgerald come to mind when I think about some our most recent overachievers.

Oh, I probably agree with those who think he won't get any taller. Most people reach their adult height by the time they are 16. Some have a growth spurt in their late teens, early 20's, but that doesn't happen too often.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I've said this before. I'll take a physically marginal overachiever (especially someone who growls at his opponent across the line) any day over an underachieving (cough, Cantley, cough) impressive physical specimen. Lets see, names like Brewster, Gill, Hurd, and Fitzgerald come to mind when I think about some our most recent overachievers.

Oh, I probably agree with those who think he won't get any taller. Most people reach their adult height by the time they are 16. Some have a growth spurt in their late teens, early 20's, but that doesn't happen too often.

Agree and think fans have lost focus on combine fast/combine numbers vs football fast and impacting the game on the field. This kid has a motor and intensity that drives a defense imo. Makes the plays consistently and shuts down scoring drives. Has serious interst from top D1 programs and offers coming in. I will update as soon as I can get confirmation or it posts on Rivals.

My problem is that his frame looks to be filled out, and a 6' and 249lb. DT ain't gonna get it done against OL's with 70 pounds on him.

Might agree with you BUT this guy played and trained at Pilot Point years against D1 OL Players Cam Feldt(Arkansas)Boone Feldt(2012) and Carter Street(La Tech). His bio shows he went to fbu in Hoover on a full scholarship and OL had to be D1 stature. Pilot Point schedule this year included Argyle which had D1 Texas Tech OL against this player. Just saying that not every player fits the box.

My problem is that his frame looks to be filled out, and a 6' and 249lb. DT ain't gonna get it done against OL's with 70 pounds on him.

Middle linebacker, maybe??? Can he learn to play with his hand(s)not on the ground? If he's as ferocious as described, I'd like to see him stare into an opponent's QB's eyes and put a little fear of God in him.