Pony Excess - Espn's 30 On 30 Movie Tonight

Actually I am a TCU alum from class of 2005 and a graduate student at the University of Texas at Austin. Look at my handle, which should have helped give you some direction. For the record, as a TCU/UT student I hate SMU, but hate the arrogance of some UNT posters who bring down TCU when they have done something utterly amazing with real consistency. The arrogance of some on this board towards schools with amazing success is nothing short of amazing. Imagine if you had the success of Ohio State, you would be insufferable.

I did notice your handle, but could not fathom a reason why a TCU or UT alum would have posted that in this thread...

Actually I am a TCU alum from class of 2005 and a graduate student at the University of Texas at Austin. Look at my handle, which should have helped give you some direction. For the record, as a TCU/UT student I hate SMU, but hate the arrogance of some UNT posters who bring down TCU when they have done something utterly amazing with real consistency. The arrogance of some on this board towards schools with amazing success is nothing short of amazing. Imagine if you had the success of Ohio State, you would be insufferable.

Please enlighten me on where in this thread anybody is trying to bring down TCU???

Has TCU been put down that much on this board? Heck, we have a good number of TCU fans that post here. Most threads regarding TCU have been about how they deserve a shot at the title.

That said, why are you in a thread about a documentary regarding SMU?

I've been trying to figure this out as well. I am pretty sure we all agreed that TCU got screwed by the NCAA when it all went down and that is the only mention that TCU has even had in this thread. And other threads that have mentions of TCU in them aren't negative. Why don't you ask some of your fellow alum that post here. :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

I've been trying to figure this out as well. I am pretty sure we all agreed that TCU got screwed by the NCAA when it all went down and that is the only mention that TCU has even had in this thread. And other threads that have mentions of TCU in them aren't negative. Why don't you ask some of your fellow alum that post here. :rolleyes:

Let's see, how about calling Patterson, "Fatterson" (I admit a convenient/catchy put down). You all would clamor for Patterson today. Oh, calling TCU a fluke or simply pushing aside our amazing rise (unlike SMU) in an honest fashion while graduating player after player. We have been doing this for a decade, that is the antithesis of a fluke or fleeting reality. Next, when our stadium was imploded, and our renovation was under way claiming we would not miss those seats because our fan base was not that big. Really?

Attendance smack from UNT supporters is really beyond belief. We have a small fan base because we don't want everyone and their mother in our school. We have nearly 16,000 applications for around 1700 spots for next year and that is good (Figures according to Ray Brown, TCU Dean of Admissions in latest issue of "TCU the Magazine"). Why not just applaud our progress, and I will yours. Please do not tell me this crap has not been said, we all know it has. Look, I want UNT to be good and hope you guys kill those smug losers at SMU, but rather than accept the undeniable success of TCU, many try to put down my school in some kind of makeshift attempt at catharsis. I just thought it was about time someone stood up for my proud alma mater, good ole' TCU! Good luck next year. I will make sure and say hi from Pasadena!

• Downvote 6

And, if I posted in the wrong thread, I take full responsibility for that awkward insert. But, please do not take that as an opportunity to throw out a red herring as a means of ignoring my substantiated post. I suppose you putting down the dirty years of SMU is a convenient way of forgetting all the success they had before that.

Let's see, how about calling Patterson, "Fatterson" (I admit a convenient/catchy put down). You all would clamor for Patterson today. Oh, calling TCU a fluke or simply pushing aside our amazing rise (unlike SMU) in an honest fashion while graduating player after player. We have been doing this for a decade, that is the antithesis of a fluke or fleeting reality. Next, when our stadium was imploded, and our renovation was under way claiming we would not miss those seats because our fan base was not that big. Really?

Attendance smack from UNT supporters is really beyond belief. We have a small fan base because we don't want everyone and their mother in our school. We have nearly 16,000 applications for around 1700 spots for next year and that is good (Figures according to Ray Brown, TCU Dean of Admissions in latest issue of "TCU the Magazine"). Why not just applaud our progress, and I will yours. Please do not tell me this crap has not been said, we all know it has. Look, I want UNT to be good and hope you guys kill those smug losers at SMU, but rather than accept the undeniable success of TCU, many try to put down my school in some kind of makeshift attempt at catharsis. I just thought it was about time someone stood up for my proud alma mater, good ole' TCU! Good luck next year. I will make sure and say hi from Pasadena!

Wow, just for a lark I searched the fourms for "Fatterson".... the only result found was your post above. If you really think there is a lot of TCU bashing on gmg.com I think you are off base.

Wow, just for a lark I searched the fourms for "Fatterson".... the only result found was your post above. If you really think there is a lot of TCU bashing on gmg.com I think you are off base.

To be fair, Harry's only been hosting an NT forum since the 90's.

Maybe this was something someone wrote on a messageboard sometime in the 80's. Or the 70's.

He could just have a very long memory. :ph34r:

• Upvote 1

Seriously...you are a Douche....take your love for TCU and UT and shove it....eveyone on here says nothing but good things about TCU and how we all felt they got screwed...TCU is one of the only Texas schools i like other then UNT but you sir have really destroyed some of that reputation!

Please don't come back...your not welcome!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Hey Baby Arm! How bout this post from emmitt01 in response to our implosion!

emmitt01

* GoMeanGreen.com Addict

* Add as Friend

* PM this member

* Group: Members

Posted 05 December 2010 - 09:13 PM

And still enough seats remain for their fanbase.

In direct response to our stadium being imploded. yeah, guess I made that up. Please address the rest of my post with regards to attendance smack and TCU as some fluke. And, do not give me that was just one person. The point is it was state. When a bowl game before you talk smack. When a conference title before you talk smack. Hell, have a winning record before you talk smack.

Seriously...you are a Douche....take your love for TCU and UT and shove it....eveyone on here says nothing but good things about TCU and how we all felt they got screwed...TCU is one of the only Texas schools i like other then UNT but you sir have really destroyed some of that reputation!

Please don't come back...your not welcome!

Wow, I am trying to have an honest conversation and you attack me personally? And you wonder why I challenged people on this board. Nice way to divert attention from my post, and rather than attack it head on, you try and degrade me. An uneducated and overtly flaccid response, you must be so proud!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Wow, I am trying to have an honest conversation and you attack me personally? And you wonder why I challenged people on this board. Nice way to divert attention from my post, and rather than attack it head on, you try and degrade me. An uneducated and overtly flaccid response, you must be so proud!

i attacked you personally becuase you attacked my school for no dam reason...i love UNT and will defend it from scum like you until the day i die. :sword:

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Any chance froghorn is related to TulsaFaninTexas?

I hope so...because if this fella is legit he may well be the craziest poster we've seen. Think about that. Wow. I mean, now I'm actually concerned for this man's state and well-being. It is the holiday season...and that can be stressful on even the most stable of individuals.

i attacked you personally becuase you attacked my school for no dam reason...i love UNT and will defend it from scum like you until the day i die. :sword:

You do realize that sword is fake. Anyone of any real intellect want to challenge me. Please do not act like TCU has never been put down. That is all I ask. Next you will want me to believe UNT is a football powerhouse

• Downvote 2

Any chance froghorn is related to TulsaFaninTexas?

I hope so...because if this fella is legit he may well be the craziest poster we've seen. Think about that. Wow. I mean, now I'm actually concerned for this man's state and well-being. It is the holiday season...and that can be stressful on even the most stable of individuals.

Actually rather enjoying posting on your board, it is entertaining. Also, enjoying a nice break before I have to finish my dissertation at UT. But, please throw more red herrings out there if it is easier than attacking my claims. No one has ever tried to diminished TCU on this board. Really? Whose sanity should be questioned?

• Downvote 1

You do realize that sword is fake. Anyone of any real intellect want to challenge me. Please do not act like TCU has never been put down. That is all I ask. Next you will want me to believe UNT is a football powerhouse

Well i definitely have more intellect then you, im graduating and my degree is more then likely getting me a job with a AA baseball team...yours seems to give you a job where you have enough time to read forum's of a school you hate...once again...go away no one here cares about what you have to say. :sword: :sword: :sword: :sword: :sword: :sword: :sword: :sword: :sword: :sword: :sword: :sword: :sword: :sword: :sword: (SUCK ON MY SWORD!)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Actually rather enjoying posting on your board, it is entertaining. Also, enjoying a nice break before I have to finish my dissertation at UT. But, please throw more red herrings out there if it is easier than attacking my claims. No one has ever tried to diminished TCU on this board. Really? Whose sanity should be questioned?

Yours...your sanity is what should be questioned...

Well i definitely have more intellect then you, im graduating and my degree is more then likely getting me a job with a AA baseball team...yours seems to give you a job where you have enough time to read forum's of a school you hate...once again...go away no one here cares about what you have to say. :sword: :sword: :sword: :sword: :sword: :sword: :sword: :sword: :sword: :sword: :sword: :sword: :sword: :sword: :sword: (SUCK ON MY SWORD!)

Aww, you brought more swords out. I but you were real popular during show and tell. Yes, it is hell trying to get a job as a prof right now, but I have a post doc ready for me at Emroy when I am done. You still have not answered my question. No one has put down TCU? I just posted one example of this very thing happening.

• Upvote 1

I'll have a go, champ.

I don't pretend to have read through every thread...especially on the football board during basketball season...but the general consensus I've gotten is that the vast majority of posters on here have the utmost respect for TCU, Patterson and everything he has accomplished. Many gushed over the idea of bringing Franchione, in large part due to witnessing the foundation he laid in Ft. Worth. I think the bulk of us wished TCU success this season...and I'd bet even more pulled extra hard for Auburn or Oregon to lose their last games, if for no other reason than an utter hatred of the "Big 6" schools.

Myself, I grew up in Ft. Worth walking distance from Amon Carter...and spent many a Saturday watching LT rack up 300 yard games on the likes of San Jose State.

I like TCU...I think at worst you'd have people on here in different towards TCU...but I'm sure there have probably cropped up a few negative sentiments toward TCU on here. I think the biggest reason for that may be...wait for it...

THE FACT THAT THIS ISN'T A FUCKING TCU FAN BOARD AND THERE DOES EXIST THE POSSIBILITY THAT PEOPLE FROM OTHER SCHOOLS MAY NOT LIKE YOU FOR ONE REASON OR ANOTHER.

Ya know...especially if you're a douche-y representative of that school...like you.

• Upvote 4

I'll have a go, champ.

I don't pretend to have read through every thread...especially on the football board during basketball season...but the general consensus I've gotten is that the vast majority of posters on here have the utmost respect for TCU, Patterson and everything he has accomplished. Many gushed over the idea of bringing Franchione, in large part due to witnessing the foundation he laid in Ft. Worth. I think the bulk of us wished TCU success this season...and I'd bet even more pulled extra hard for Auburn or Oregon to lose their last games, if for no other reason than an utter hatred of the "Big 6" schools.

Myself, I grew up in Ft. Worth walking distance from Amon Carter...and spent many a Saturday watching LT rack up 300 yard games on the likes of San Jose State.

I like TCU...I think at worst you'd have people on here in different towards TCU...but I'm sure there have probably cropped up a few negative sentiments toward TCU on here. I think the biggest reason for that may be...wait for it...

THE FACT THAT THIS ISN'T A FUCKING TCU FAN BOARD AND THERE DOES EXIST THE POSSIBILITY THAT PEOPLE FROM OTHER SCHOOLS MAY NOT LIKE YOU FOR ONE REASON OR ANOTHER.

Ya know...especially if you're a douche-y representative of that school...like you.

Now that was more like it. A well reasoned response, sadly watered down at the end, but hey you made an honest attempt! Gold star for you

• Downvote 1

I'll have a go, champ.

And, you are absolutely right sir, on Killerfrogs we do not talk smack about UNT. Actually, we do not really talk about UNT at all.