Will Canales Stay On The Sidelines?

All About UNT

I thought Coach Hines called the plays once Chico took the IHC position (?)

At any rate, I don't believe Coach Mac will be lacking energy. And I expect he'll hire more of the same as assistants. Some of them are going to be on the sideline, and some in the booth. OC probably goes in the booth.

I thought Coach Hines called the plays once Chico took the IHC position (?)

At any rate, I don't believe Coach Mac will be lacking energy. And I expect he'll hire more of the same as assistants. Some of them are going to be on the sideline, and some in the booth. OC probably goes in the booth.

It has been said that Hines called the plays but I guess I am not referring to the playcalling aspect.....just the presence of him down on the sideline.

It's a good question. The guy likes to run up and down the sideline as the play is going by. Don't most OCs call the game from the booth?

Gus Malzahn OC at Auburn calls plays from the sidelines. It all depends on what is most comfortable for the OC and which is best for the team. There is nothing wrong with either being on the sidelines or in the booth.