Congrats On Dan Mccarney Hire

isucyclonefan

For all of you that are not excited about the Dan Mccarney hire,i hope you give him a chance. I am a life long Cyclone fan. I feel that Dan Mccarney did more for our program than anyone else in the history of ISU. I have known numerous players who have played for him. Everyone of them have nothing but great things to say about him. He is a players coach. Don't worry about recruiting, he has made his living recruiting Texas. One friend I had was 100 percent going to Nebraska, he was a big time recruit. He told me the second Mac stepped into his living room he knew that he would become a Cyclone. Dont look at his win loss record. What he did at ISU was nearly impossible. He saved our football team. I cant think of to many fans that didnt have a tear in their eye as we carried him off the field after his final victory knowing he would never coach another game in Jack Trice Stadium. He is a great coach and a great man and is extremely well respected around the Big 12, the Country, and by every single one of his players. I mean come on he had 2 heisman trophy finalists during his run at ISU!!!!! He took us to multiple bowl games, all at Iowa State playing a big 12 sched. I still get chills when I hear him speak, great motivator and I hope he someday returns as our Athletic Director.

My two cents worth, just give him a shot. Take his overall record w/ a grain of salt, his first years he had reallllly bad teams.

• Upvote 2

My two cents worth, just give him a shot. Take his overall record w/ a grain of salt, his first years he had reallllly bad teams.

I think most people are willing to give him a shot. I just don't think he is going to have a real long time to show improvement. He will need to come out of the gates strong.

Certainly, I am willing to give him a chance. I hope he proves to be someone the kids love and the community as well. Let me know, is he someone who is apt to get out in the community to build the program? Your thoughts?

Go Mean Green

Certainly, I am willing to give him a chance. I hope he proves to be someone the kids love and the community as well. Let me know, is he someone who is apt to get out in the community to build the program? Your thoughts?

Go Mean Green

Yes, Dan will sell/build up the program to anyone and everyone willing to listen. He is charismatic and people at ISU still really like him. If your fanbase gives him the chance he could be as well liked there as he is in Ames. He will give it his all no question.

Certainly,

I am willing to give him a chance. I hope he proves to be someone the kids love and the community as well. Let me know, is he someone who is apt to get out in the community to build the program? Your thoughts?

Go Mean Green

He will be out in the community selling UNT like crazy. While at ISU he was the best ambassador the school had.

Being such a rah, rah guy - it's hard to not get excited about what he is selling. It's easy to sell something you believe in, and no doubt he wouldn't have taken the UNT job if he didn't think he would be successful.

You guys are going to love him as your head coach. He's accountable, honest, embraces challenges, and most of all is a psychotically hard working guy.

As you can tell i'm a huge Mac fan. I guess my judgment is clouded by the fact that the 12 years or so before he got to Ames, we sucked as much as a football team can suck. He brought our football program back from the dead - so he'll always have my respect for that. It cannot be overstated... our football program was circling the drain when he was hired.

• Upvote 1

ISU fans, thanks for the grand words! I think for many, he just is not a familiar name in Texas! Can't wait to meet him Tuesday! Thanks again...

I would like to echo this statement. It is nice to such positive feedback coming from his old school. Thank you ISU fans for coming to our board to share your personal experiences regarding McCarney.

I really wanted Leavitt. But, the more I hear about McCarney, the more I like him.

• Upvote 1