Where Are The Hc Rumors At?

Got5onIt

I'm curious as to why things are so silent along the HC front? Canales' recent success can't be that ground breaking that the Athletic Dept. has lost that much steam in a search. I was expecting a mad house a few weeks after Teflon Todd was canned. Wow, how things have died down. Cricket, cricket, cricket......

I'm curious as to why things are so silent along the HC front? Canales' recent success can't be that ground breaking that the Athletic Dept. has lost that much steam in a search. I was expecting a mad house a few weeks after Teflon Todd was canned. Wow, how things have died down. Cricket, cricket, cricket......

Stealth search?

Why?

Why would we want to air our laundry in public? Coaching searches aren't public forums. Frankly, it would be unfair to those who applied and weren't chosen re future applications.

You can speculate all you want. You can even start rumors if you like but there are only three that will really know who applied and how close they were to being chosen and I doubt that any of the three will tell.

Why?

Why would we want to air our laundry in public? Coaching searches aren't public forums. Frankly, it would be unfair to those who applied and weren't chosen re future applications.

You can speculate all you want. You can even start rumors if you like but there are only three that will really know who applied and how close they were to being chosen and I doubt that any of the three will tell.

So, is this part of the reason for having a consultant; manage sensitive information?

So, is this part of the reason for having a consultant; manage sensitive information?

Absolutely. It opens doors that many potential candidates wouldn't want to touch. Here's a pretty interesting article on Chuck Neinas: http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/8760295/

And most of all, Foley said, “[Neinas] doesn’t talk to anybody” in the media, or anywhere else that could turn a search into an embarrassing situation, a more likely possibility now than it was 20 years ago, before reporters and the Internet turned up the spotlight on seemingly every search.

Absolutely. It opens doors that many potential candidates wouldn't want to touch. Here's a pretty interesting article on Chuck Neinas: http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/8760295/

Good article. The only thing that I could add is that (for the umpteenth time) North Texas is not like any of those big time programs that this guy works with. I hope (for the most part) that we will be some day. But right now, we are not.

Our administraton would have been better off if they had called Hayden Fry and paid him for his opinion.

Good article. The only thing that I could add is that (for the umpteenth time) North Texas is not like any of those big time programs that this guy works with. I hope (for the most part) that we will be some day. But right now, we are not.

Our administraton would have been better off if they had called Hayden Fry and paid him for his opinion.

But Neinas was also working on a report of the workings of the UNT Athletic Department according to one close to the scene up there in Little D. Rawlins having been president at schools with much larger athletic programs than UNT's has (I'm sure) to see what M.O. or reasons have kept Mean Green varsity sports out of the Top 50 all these decades. I think that is where all this "re-position UNT athletics" talk is coming from our newly appointed president (without interim on his title any longer).

Of course back to Fry, SuperHayden probably would have had an opinion (or 2) on any subject he would be asked concerning North Texas, too, and I wonder what those would be that he would say privately? :blink::) WWHFD (or say), right? :unsure::)

But Neinas was also working on a report of the workings of the UNT Athletic Department according to one close to the scene up there in Little D. Rawlins having been president at schools with much larger athletic programs than UNT's has (I'm sure) to see what M.O. or reasons have kept Mean Green varsity sports out of the Top 50 all these decades. I think that is where all this "re-position UNT athletics" talk is coming from our newly appointed president (without interim on his title any longer).

Of course back to Fry, SuperHayden probably would have had an opinion (or 2) on any subject he would be asked concerning North Texas, too, and I wonder what those would be that he would say privately? :blink::) WWHFD (or say), right? :unsure::)

Well since he accurately identified the problems at NT when he was hired AND ALMOST changed our culture completely when he was here, I'd say he might have a thing or two to contribute.